Care

My welcome was a really loving one and I could sleep peacefully. I was being treated with utmost care and I felt more of a princess here than at the castle. The room I was currently in belonged to the original owner of this body, it was surely a delightful place to be in.

The sunlight poured in through the window and peeked in through the white curtains around the bed. Crimson red had been used abundantly in the furnishings but it didn't look imposing. Though everyone was literally a stranger, I didn't feel weird as this was one feeling I had gotten used to ever since I entered this world. The little Melissa came to me right after breakfast to meet me and has been keeping me company, helping out with directions proudly. I didn't have my guard up as she was a kid but I was more curious to know about the original owner.

"Melissa, was there anything I always did before I left?" I asked innocently as I pulled open the cupboard.

"Sword fighting," she said raising her hand up as if she held a sword.

I peered at the collection in front of me, the cupboard was not full of clothes but swords and small daggers. I took one out from the case and held it in my hand.

"What else?" I asked, admiring the blade.

"You taught swordsmanship," she said with a cheerful smile.

"Thank you," I said keeping it back, there was no way I could do this kind of stuff.

"Should I bring mine? We can play together."

"Wait, did we play with this?" I asked confused. I was pretty sure that if I had that kind of weapon in my hand I would surely kill someone by mistake.

"No," she said, "you are surely sick, this can kill us. We used the wooden ones."

I felt dumb in front of a kid but I had to do what I came for, finding Estelle.

"I surely I am," I said innocently scratching my head though I knew this was a pathetic level of acting, I couldn't think of anything else.

"So can you show me around, I might remember after seeing places I ventured to before," I said crouching down to her level, batting my eyes.

"Okay," she said scrutinizing my expression, this kid didn't seem that cute now, "I want your old self back soon. You seem really strange."

I smiled the one expression I am good at faking and said cheerfully, "Let's go."

I followed her out when I saw this body's mother.

"Where are you going honey, you should rest," she said coming towards me with a tender expression.

"All I have been doing before coming here was rest," I said taking her hands in mine.

"But you have to—"

"My memory will recover soon if I see places I used to go."

I had to convince her, though the possibility of finding Estelle was low I had to take a chance. There was nothing else I could have done.

"Okay but I want you back before evening."

I nodded with a smile and then we both went out.

"Where are we going?"

"To my place," she said increasing her pace.

I nodded, I guess I'll have to loiter around before finally asking her to take me to the forest area.

As I entered her place, I wasn't even suprised anymore at the aristocratic luxuries.

"Hey, are you alright?"

I turned and found Alex standing there in the middle of the hallway.

"I am fine," I said willing to shorten the conversation.

"Don't know if it'll make you happy or not but your friend's mate just got an earful about your condition from her dad."

I chuckled, it was nice to have him get punished for something he didn't even do.

"On whose side are you?" I asked smiling.

"Yours," he replied before slipping away into the corner.

My smile widened and I was about to ask my little companion to lead me further when she looked up at me and said ,"You have surely forgotten everything."

My eyebrows furrowed, did the original owner have a mate? If so then Beatrice must have told me. Putting aside those thoughts I followed her further.

We entered her extravagant room and soon she produced in front of me two wooden swords from the rack in front.

"You were going to show me around," I said.

"It's a part of it and payment for that," she said giving me the toy.

"Aye aye captain!" I declared like a sea pirate I used to watch in cartoons, which was probably weird as I could know from her look. This kid probably liked the original owner but was annoyed by me.

We played and chased, went to the garden, training area and the market side. It would be a lie if I said I didn't have fun. For the first time I felt like I was normal though I saw little werewolf children running in the park, they were adorable. I found some people staring at me, maybe they knew the original owner but there wasn't anything I could do. I couldn't help but question if I took over someone else's life. It was afternoon and we just had lunch at my home, this was the time.

"Do you know the forest where I went before going away?" I asked casually.

She nodded and said,"It used to be our secret haunt before you disappeared, I couldn't even play in the outskirts after you disappeared in the inner area." She looked rather upset, reminiscing something.

"Where was our secret place?" I asked as didn't have a single clue.

"It was the shack we built above one of the trees at the outskirts of the forest, though you and Beatrice had some special place deeper into the forest, you never took me," she grumbled.

"Can you take me there?" I pleaded.

"It's off limits ever since you went away," she said as if blaming me.

"But now I am back," I replied. It was like I was the kid here, asking for candies after dinner.

"You have really changed," she mumbled getting up.

I smiled following her lead like a kid.

______________________________________

We are on our way to meet...

Who?

Also, how is the new cover?

Don't forget to vote.