Extra- At the Ball (Alex)

After trying everything I could, I sat watching the couples dancing with glass of wine in my hand. Everyone had something going on and I felt invisible the crowd as Beatrice met someone she knew, she had to leave me. I would definitely not come again, it was better to leave.

"Where are you heading?" someone said tapping on my shoulder.

I turned back and found Alex standing.
"I was about to go outside for some fresh air and return."

It might have been inappropriate to tell him I was leaving, it might be seen as disrespectful.

"Maybe we can go together, I was getting bored too."

"Uhm-okay."

We walked out and I shivered as the cold wind blew.

"You're already shivering, I guess this was a bad idea. Should we head back?"

I looked back and saw the high class people chattering together, probably not the best place for me to be.

"Uhm–"

"If you don't want to go back, we can head somewhere else."

"Where?"

"It not like I have planned anything," he said pushing his hair back. "Still I have a place I would rather be than here."

"Wouldn't it be rude?"

"No one cares, come."

I followed him as we headed outwards and reached a carriage. Entering first Alex let out his hand for me. Taking it I entered and as we settled the carriage started moving.

"This brings back old memories," I said. There were curtains on glass windows and we had nothing to look at except eachother.

"They weren't necessarily good," he said wistfully.

"I met you back then, it can't be bad."

He looked sad or maybe tired I couldn't decipher it.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "I am curious."

"You always are," he said leaning forward.

I looked to other side as our eyes met. "It's not bad though—"

"Turn towards me."

"Huh?"

I turned and felt his breath against my face. He had a black cloak in his hand and taking it he tied the string it had around my neck. This brought back past memories as his fingers brushed past my neck.

"Thanks, it's warm," I said as he pulled away.

The carriage halted.

"Looks like we have reached." He opened the door and took out another cloak for himself while getting out. I moved out taking his hand. In front of me was a street with few people in it.

"Where are we?"

"The market festival. Stay close to me it's just there in a few steps."

The whole ambience changed when we turned into the next street. Several small shops which had games, ornaments and street food in them lines around the centre where there was a huge tree. The streets were lit by lanterns and filled with chattering crowds. At a distance I saw a street act being performed, on the other side were children huddled together in front of a magician.

"This place is so different. It looks alive unlike that ball."

"I usually skip the ball and come here."