Estelle's Death

I particularly didn't have anything to do as everyone currently thought of me to be in a weak state of health. It was strange to be addressed as the queen, a title so unsuitable and fake for me.

I was walking with Arthur's mother in the garden. She's an admirable woman who had tales worth listening to, the ill spirit of my nature greatly improved on talking with her.

"You know as the queen I once went on an hunting expedition of rouges with the king. Some people of the palace opposed my decision but he didn't ask me to stay back for he knows and admires my powers," she said with her alluring motherly smile.

"I don't think I will ever be able to do that," I replied knowing my condition.

"You don't have to worry about it -"
She was interrupted by her lady in waiting who informed the queen that the king expects her presence.

"I am sorry, I have to leave so abruptly. I have something to attend to so I must go."

I tell her to not worry about me as she departs. I feel like much of her affection for me arises from the pain afflicted at the loss of her daughter. How cherished and loved Estelle must be in this palace?

I was left alone in the garden, Beatrice and Clove didn't follow me as I was with the queen. I walked further in the solace of nature, the white lilies bloomed and glowed along the path accompanying me in my walk.

I contemplate about all the wilderness which has happened with me ever since I opened my eyes here. I was chased by wolves, I nearly died, for the first time in my life someone confessed to me. Though Arthur's proposal was fake, Alex's feelings were sincere.

I find it strange of him to fall in love with me in such a little while. Could he really be this body's mate? There's no apparent reason other than this. Will Arthur find his real mate in the moon kingdom?

I should look into the death of Estelle. She should have been alive as she had already escaped from the forest. The question was the way of acquiring information I needed. I can't ask the queen, this leaves only Beatrice and I am not sure that she would know much of it.

The chain of my thoughts was broken when I saw Alex coming from the other direction. Though it was awkward for me to talk to him after that incident, I called for him as he could furnish me with the information I needed.

As he came up to me I observed his brown eyes and hair, they reminded me of my own body for they were similar to my original body. He was sweating and looked worked up, his face had a cute red tinge, which I couldn't know if it was from seeing me or physical exertion.

"What were you doing? I hope I didn't obstruct anything important," I asked at his arrival.

"I was just returning from training. I would have just relaxed right now." He was friendly just like before and I was glad to see him unchanged.

"Are you going to the silver kingdom for attack?" I asked, my pleasure effaced as the thought of him risking his life crossed my mind.

"No, my Alpha is going. I will go back to my pack soon when he comes here."

"Oh," I said disheartened at losing a friend again, "you should rest now the training must have been intense."

"If you want I can walk along with you. I mean it's pretty relaxing to walk in such a beautiful ambience."

"Okay," I said as we walked together along the patch of gardenia flowers swaying with the cool wind. I break the short lived silence between us as I stopped to admire the freshness of the charming patch.

"Have you heard of princess Estelle?" I asked casually, resorting back to my main purpose.

_____________________________

If you liked the chapter then don't forget to tap the star.

Thanks for reading.