The Luna

She strode up to the room looking like a fierce predator; I had already instructed Alex to take us to a room in which I could stay with her, she was too agitated to be left alone.

I gave Alex one last reassuring look as he hurried away to his Alpha. I turned around to see Beatrice sitting on the bed, her face buried in her hand, the muffled sound of her tears present in the sinister silence. I enveloped her in a hug just like she used to.

"It's okay," I told patting her back, "no one can force you to be with him unless you agree. Your father is on your side too."

Her arms tightened around me as she cried her sorrows away. That day she was so happy oblivious to the effect of mate bond and now she looks so wretched. Why did she have to suffer just because her mate turned to be her enemy who killed her people?

The tears fall like beads from her emerald eyes, she was simply breathtaking. I caress the silver strands of her hair, she looked delicate but was in reality so strong. She must've been a good friend this is why May decided to jump in and fight that rogue lest it may had harmed her.

Slowly her tears stopped, she looked up and suddenly asked, "Do you remember the story mother told us when we were younger?"

I shake my head in denial, how could I have known, I wasn't her real friend but a counterfeit.

"The girl meets her mate and they live happily ever after," she said lost in some old reminiscence.

"How happily we used to talk about it, but now look everything seems like a elaborate lie."

Wiping the tears of her face I try to comfort her. "It's okay."

"Amongst all the alphas, my father was the only one who treated his Luna, my mother equal to him. He taught you and me to fight rather than making us locked in four walls like others."

I never knew that there was such gender discrimination here but it wasn't that strange. Perhaps it was present only in moon kingdom or weaker packs.

"After everything turned out well for you, I thought of giving him a chance but the way he is so abominable."

"You can just reject him completely if he pesters you further," I told firmly.

I didn't want her to have a miserable life, tied to the shackles of mate bond, having to give up her freedom for someone who possibly didn't even care of her opinion.

"You're so lucky to have forgotten the war," she mumbles with a faint smile.

I was indeed lucky else I wouldn't have been able to talk back to people here like I did, I would have just seen them as murderers who killed my people. Now I realise how hard it would have been for them to support Arthur instead of their own king. They may have agreed for the right but the fear of losing more of their people must had also affected them. It was so strange, we were fighting another war to bring peace.

________________________________________

"Do you need anything?" I asked Beatrice, she had just declared that she wouldn't leave the room entire day as she didn't want to see him.

Thankfully Alex sent us all the necessities already so we didn't have to head out even for breakfast.

"No, just ask Alex when will we leave."

I nodded and went out to realise I didn't know where to find him. I decided to venture a bit, I didn't even have anything else to do.

Slowly walking through the wide corridor I observe the area around me. The ceiling had the rose design I had previously seen on the door, maybe it was a pack symbol. The walls were white and several small pillars added to beauty of the intricately designed walls. Though it couldn't be compared to royal palace, the interior here was very luxurious too.

I was walking further when suddenly a glass hitting the wall shattered on the floor.

"What can I do for her to trust me," a voice echoed.

I didn't have courage to go further lest any other object comes flying to hit me. Another voice was heard in reply but I couldn't decipher what was spoken as the it was too softly said. I turned back unwilling to get into another mess.

As I went to the other side, someone suddenly grabbed my hand.

"I need to talk."

It was Alex, his hair ruffled messily, eyes had dark circles indicating lack of sleep. He must have been exhausted, taking care of his best friend and managing the pack.

"Okay, let's sit somewhere and talk. You need to rest a bit; if you'll faint, how will I manage them," I said with a reassuring smile.

"How do you smile in every situation?"

____________________

Don't forget to vote.

Does the last line seem cringey?😅