Death

"For you it might be your world but to me it's just a book I read," I said looking away.

"Do you remember when you read it or even how does this book of yours ends?" she said looking like she was bored of our conversation. I guess we both were tired of this absurd ordeal.

Pressing my forehead to somehow relieve my stress I said,"I don't 'cause I have read so many such books, but it doesn't matter, and if you think I am going to be with Arthur then you're wrong. He doesn't even like me."

"He will eventually like you-"

"But I don't like him and nor am I his mate," I said angrily. I was fed up of being passed as a thing that belonged to someone, I am my owner before anyone else. "Also there is someone else who likes me," I said with a smug smile though I wasn't exactly proud of it.

"Who likes you?" she asked leaning forward curiously, eyebrows furrowed in contemplation.

"Uhh, he's a beta from one of your kingdom's pack," I replied vaguely, I wasn't sure if I should give away his name as it might get him into trouble.

"Since when does he like you?" she asked looking up, staring in my eyes.

Rolling my eyes I recollected my thoughts, I remembered his confession. It was the first time someone had proposed me, I couldn't forget even if I wished to.

"From the first day I saw you, I have felt attracted towards you. It was not just me, my wolf also felt something different about you. When I came to know of your condition, I became more confused. The Alpha was pretty sure that you were attacked as you were the prince's mate."

"Why do you want to know that?" I asked suspicious of her intention. It was strange of Alex to like me at first and now that Arthur's mate is dead. Could it be that I was right?

"Because you can't be with him, this isn't what we decided," she said.

Slowly running my fingers through my hair with a frown plastered on my face, I said, "What the hell we decided? Can you just stop this shitty acting of yours. I have had enough. You can't decide what I do. Why would I marry Arthur when I know that someone else could be this body's mate? I want to go back, not steal her life."

"He might be May's mate but he isn't yours and you are not stealing her life," she said composed, like I never shouted.

Standing up I placed my hand on the arms of her chair, looking right in her eyes I seethed,"I am and I don't want to. Where is the real May anyway? Let me tell you, you're in no position to control me."

I was done with her, turning around I reached for the door. This whole thing made no sense, I just wasted my time. Though I didn't know what to do next, staying with her anymore would be a waste of time.

"Wait."

I turned to find her standing behind me.
"What is it now? I am leaving unless you have an explanation for everything you have been saying?" I said mockingly.

"I'll give you an explanation but I hope you will not regret," she said seriously.

"I will not, tell whatever you want," I said casually I might as well give it a shot.

She turned and went to on of those racks on the edge of the room. Leaning forward I saw her opening a case with a key. She took something out and came to me.

"Drink this," she said giving me a strange little glass bottle filled with a shiny purple liquid.

"What is this?" I asked examining it in my hands. I had no clue and this might be poison.

"Your memories," she told.

"Huh?"

At this point I thought she might be drunk and decided to not drink it.

"Do you remember how you ended up here or what were you doing before you came here?" she said reading my doubtful expression. "These are your memories, you asked me to remove them. I wasn't sure it would work or not as it doesn't work on werewolves but it did work on you though not completely."

"What do you mean?" I asked opening the bottle inhaling it's scent. It was something familiar but I just couldn't put a remember what it was.

"Only some parts of your memory were removed, probably only the one's you wanted to forget."

She looked a bit worried, was it for me? I couldn't know.

"Think twice I hope you won't regret your decision," she said as I smelled it again.

If I went out then I will be back to square one but if I drink it maybe I would know something to find my way back. She doesn't really have any reason to poison me.

"I won't regret," I said and gulped down the whole bottle. As soon as I felt the sweet liquid go down my throat I started feeling strange. Suddenly my head started hurting like someone had hit me with a brick. My vision blurred, the room started spinning, the bottle slipped fell to the floor breaking into pieces.

"What.." I could barely say and held the side table as my legs felt limp. I was about to fall down on the shattered glass when she caught me and carried me to the bed there.

"What did..." I tried to ask angrily but I felt all of my energy drain out. Did she really poison me? My eyelids felt heavy and automatically fell, her face was the last thing I saw and regret was the last feeling I felt.

_________________________

To the people thinking that I was so cruel to leave you guys at a cliffhanger, I didn't wish to do so. I wasn't well and my head was hurting like hell. I will try to upload the next chapter faster.

Don't forget to vote.

Merry Christmas 🎄