Heard That

Silver poison.
Silver poison.
Silver poison.

The word floated in my mind and seemed to ring a bell but I didn't know which. I couldn't sleep a wink, even though my eyes felt like they would close themselves, each time I tried, a shrill voice would pierce my tympanum as they kept quarrelling. My thoughts were getting the best of me. I had slapped myself, pinched myself, tried to knock my head into the wall, slept, yet I was here in this strange place which was similar to the books I had always read – cliché werewolf novels. At this point I was questioning my sanity. What was happening and where was I? The question I didn't know the answer of.

"It's all because of you. If your men weren't there then I wouldn't have been in the forest," she shouted. Her finger pointed at him as he sat with an expression of spewing out curses in his mind.

"If only you weren't not so stubborn and had agreed to meet me, none of this would have happened," he said shoving her hand off and moving towards the door.

"Maybe I would have met you if you weren't preparing to attack my pack on crown prince's order."

"That was before," he said turning around.

"Oh really? Do you think I am dumb? Your master wanted to capture the whole moon kingdom but after the king was dethroned you didn't have any valid reason to wage war. I am the Alpha's daughter I know your intentions very well," she sneered.

"He would have already done that if he wanted to. We are just looking for his mate," he said, his arching bushy almost eyebrows joining together as he frowned.

"You think I don't know your facade." She glared at him unfalteringly moving forward. "You wanted to use me to convince my father to betray his kingdom. You bastards resorted to kidnapping me when my father disagreed. Your coward prince is using lame excuse of mate to seize control over us. Who do you take me for?"

Huh? What was exactly happening? I was losing my sanity. Everything was similar to books I had read. Werewolves, alphas, mates everything was present in this world but where was I? They were supposed to be in deep love with each other but they were constantly fighting.
I just wanted to escape from everything. My head was already hurting from everything.

"I was not—"

I had had enough of their drama. I couldn't take it. Getting up, I prepared myself to shout like them.

"What were you not, huh? If she wasn't your mate you wouldn't even have taken care of me. Who the hell I am supposed to believe right now? Killing someone's mate is wrong but that doesn't justify your actions of capturing the whole moon kingdom. You know what? I don't give a damn, just leave me alone," I said almost pulling my hair in desperation.

They both turned, looking at me with concern. Beatrice came towards me.

"May, are you fine?" she asked.

"I don't know," I said angrily, tears welling up in my eyes. I was in a wave of emotions, irritated by the words, by my failure to grasp the situation. What was happening? I stormed out of the room even though my legs were hurting. I slammed the door shut locking it with the latch present on it. With my back against the wall I just sat down on the cold white marble floor soothing me, trying to get back my sanity. I was missing mom, dad, Emma, everyone.

My head sunk into my hands, I sniffled trying to control myself. I had to stay calm and understand what was happening?

Someone tapped at my shoulder. Raising my head I saw familiar figure, then I realized he was that beta from yesterday.

"You did right, they were fighting like kids," he said smiling. He sat beside me on the floor. "My dad used to lock me and my brother whenever we fought, not letting us out until we made up."

"Do you think they are going to make up?" I asked. "Doesn't seem like it to me."

"Well me and my brother did and then we had to hug eachother as a show of truce. At first I hated it but now when I don't get the chance to do so, I miss the warm feeling which made me feel alright. Can I hug you?" he said softly.

I simply nodded at his weird request, not quite comprehending it. He got up, facing me with his hand forward to help me up. Taking it as I stood up, he wiped my tears with his coarse fingers."You look better smiling."

"Thanks," I said. I was feeling much better, everything was calmer, I was far from the chaos.

"I know this doesn't solve anything, but I am there for you," he said.

"Okay," I said, awkwardly leaning forward. I could feel his arms lightly touching me as my head rested on his shoulder. "Everything is going to be alright. I am sorry."

"You shouldn't have brought me here," I said pulling away. "Still I will let it slide this time."

Out of nowhere, he started taking quick deep breaths, sniffing like an animal. "You have no scent," he said looking shocked. I looked up at him and maybe he read my expression. "It doesn't matter."

The locked door vibrated with a thrashing sound. It seemed like it would break from the heavy impact.

"Should we open the door?" I asked. Now that I was feeling better, I realized what I had done.

"Let's wait, it's not everyday that I get a chance to make fun of my best friend."

"Won't you ask what happened?" I asked.

"If it's important he will tell me himself. Also I could hear you shout and I could tell that you don't easily get angry with the way you smiled that day. You shouldn't smile at bastards like that."

"Yeah, cause bastards really like my smile," I said.

Thud

I turned and saw the door shaking under the brutal attack.

"Did I tell you once me and my brother broke the door after fighting with our wolves?"

_______________________

Who wants to see the crown prince?

Don't forget to vote.