Royal Advisor(End)

One year later

"May I come in Miss Royal Advisor?" Beatrice said as she barged in my study room.

"You are already in," I said keeping the papers back in the drawer of my desk.
"Also stop calling me that."

"How can you stop me from bragging that my friend is the first woman to be the royal advisor," she said leaning against my desk. Thankfully I had put the papers away.

"Sit on the sofa not the desk," I said getting up from my chair and moving towards the sofa.

"So are you coming tonight?" she asked as we both settled down.

"Maybe, I missed it last time due to the survey of southern packs." I moved my shoulders to get rid of their tenseness which came from sitting for hours. "I am really tired."

"It's the first day of spring ball, dessert chef from both kingdom will be there. I don't want to be alone when I am stuffing myself with cakes," she said sheepishly.

"You should have told this before!" I said grumpily. "The famous chef from the western side will be there, right? I have heard so much about him but I didn't have time to travel."

"Uh-huh." She nodded, smiling with satisfaction.

"How much time is left?" I asked.

"Two hours."

"I will be there tonight," I said getting up.

"Where are you going?" she asked grabbing my hand. "You should start getting ready."

"I have to look into some papers," I said turning back.

"Today is Sunday and also the first day of Spring festival, it's considered a holiday for everyone," she said dragging me back to the chair and making me sit. "I know you want to prove everyone that you deserve this position, but it's alright to take a break sometimes. You got this because you asked for it as a reward for everything you went through pretending."

"You're the only person who gets me the best." I rested my head on her shoulder. "It's the first that means everyone is going to be there, right?"

"Yeah," she said patting my shoulder. "Wait, do you have an eye on someone? I heard that there's a new composer who is coming to play for tonight's ball. There are various rumours floating around."

Suddenly I remembered my non-existent rapping carrier. I had no intention of starting it but it would be fascinating to meet a composer.

"What happened?" she asked waving her hand in front of me.

"No, I was just worried-"

"About me?"

"Yeah," I said hesitantly. There was another problem, she would probably see her mate there.

"You already know that I told him that he can marry anyone else and reject me but-"

"Is he waiting for you still?" I asked holding her hand.

"No, he just hasn't found anyone else." She looked at me and smiled, trying to cover up her problem. "Sometimes I feel like I have done something awful but..."