Estelle

"How are you dear?" Arthur's mom asked, sitting beside me.

"I am okay, your Highness. I have had enough rest. I think I should take a walk to refresh my mind." I was bored of sitting in a room, it's not like I was actually weak.

"You shouldn't call me your Highness, just call me Mom. You don't have to be so formal with me."

"Are you sure ?" I was pretty sceptical of the idea, probably Arthur won't approve of a stranger addressing his mother in such a way.

"You're just like my daughter to me. I would love it if you call me mom," she said looking at me for approval and I nodded agreeing. "I will show you the palace, the place you will soon control but don't over exert yourself."

I got up wondering where Beatrice had gone, she only said that there was an urgent meeting where she is going to represent her pack. We were talking about the coronation when someone came with a message.

According to what she said I was proclaimed as the queen and Arthur announced to partake moon ceremony only after ruining the person responsible for my state. Moon ceremony is wedding for werewolves. I can understand his plan now, he wanted the throne and territory of moon kingdom for which he needed a queen and a reason to attack. I being both of them had to help him.This means Arthur is still waiting for his mate, this is why he made such an excuse and maybe by conquering complete moon kingdom he'll find her.

I checked myself in the mirror fixing my disheveled state from laying down on the bed all day. I still couldn't get used to these black eyes staring back at me, the long hair cascading down like a river.

I feel Arthur's mom running fingers through them."Should I tie them for you?"

I nod and she started tying them. I always had short hair so I couldn't understand what she was doing. Though I could sense her being really cautious and gentle so as to not pull a single strand.

It was probably a french braid and I really did look pretty with it.

"Let's go now," she said and with me expressing my gratitude we both walked out.

As we walked I could feel gazes of people on me. There were guards and workers toiling to protect and maintain the beauty of this majestic place. I was enamoured by the carved walls and ceilings, each of them being an example of artistic beauty in architecture.

We soon reached a quiet area and the queen broke the silence by saying, "This is the place I like the most. These are the corridors in which they both started walking together."

I was about to ask who both but she suddenly stopped. Her eyes lingered at a portrait on the wall. It was the same portrait I saw before. A family of four, Arthur, king, queen and late crown Princess.

"My Estelle," she said running her fingers through the picture. I was curious about her, she was a princess. How could she die so early?

"Where is the Crown Princess?" I asked innocently pretending to be unaware of her death.

Waking up from her trance she says in a subdued tone,"She is no longer alive."

Her melancholic tone carried affection and attachment for her."I am sorry, she must be really dear to you."

"She was everyone's favourite. I never wanted to send her away from me but then her mate came and she had to leave us." Her voice cracked from the overwhelming emotions.

I didn't want to do this to her. Giving her support I said, "It's okay, she must be in a better place."

"I know our Estelle was too good to be in that wretched moon kingdom. Arthur will bring an end to this, these conspiracies and plots," she said regaining composure.

"He surely will," I said assuring her, "but why did she go to the moon kingdom?"

"For her mate, Cedric, the moon kingdom's king. If not for him, she would have been with us."

Why does this sound familiar? Cedric and Estelle, I have read this somewhere.
Estelle was the Alpha King's mate, right? A sudden realisation struck on me, 'Mated to the Alpha King. '

This was the book I had read.

________________________

I'll proof read this soon.

Don't forget to vote.