Queen

"I was the one who attacked her," he confessed, his voice was cold and firm, not affected by her savage remarks.

Her breath flared, Alex came and sat beside me not wishing to be a part of their conversation.

"Why did you do so?" she sneered. I could see her nails change to claws, this was gonna be bad but a part of me felt a little happy for he was gonna learn a hard lesson.

"I was agitated," he said still calm, "I apologise for my fault." He looked at me in the eyes for a moment and then turned his head down.

"Do you see me as a fool?" she seethed and then grabbed the collar of his shirt. "Should I strangle you because I am agitated?"

"I had lost my control, my werewolf had taken over." He showed no resistance but slowly held her hand at the collar, she shoved it away in a reflex.

"And why the hell did you lose control?" she asking with a mocking smile.

He stood quiet, looking towards me. I didn't know what to say, should I tell?

"Who are you looking at? Tell me the answer."

The way situation escalated I felt like a fight will happen. I had spoken what I felt and I won't be ashamed to admit.

"Alex  brought me here asking for help to convince you to be the Luna?" My voice felt better and in a second I was the centre of attention.

"You don't have to explain, I know it's not your fault. You must have said no." Her voice was so delicate and soft but I wanted to get this over soon so I continued.

"He asked me why I couldn't help and what could he do or why you didn't like him." I paused observing all the eyes darted towards me, it wasn't that big of a deal. "I said that it would have been better if Alex was your mate, he must have overhead this which made his wolf take over."

"So you were pressuring my friend to help you?" she said sardonically.

"I didn't ask Alex to do so," he said glaring.

She folds her hands, walking up to me she said disdainfully, "Look how miserable he looks. You probably didn't ask, right? He is so unlucky to have an Alpha like you."

"You are crossing your limits." His fists were clenched and eyes had darkened nevertheless it was the a sour truth.

"You know what? You have crossed your limits. Let me tell you why I don't like you."

Taking a step forward she tells,  "You think that being the Alpha everything should go according to your wish, you think everyone is below you."

With each step forward she tells his weakness.

"You aren't an Alpha but the crown prince's lap dog."

"If you weren't my mate, you wouldn't have been able to say that," he said menacingly stepping forward.

"Are you going strangle me too?"

She puts her hand forward in a stop sign, the distance between them is the length of her arms. I can feel the tension in the air, I look at Alex worryingly to find him looking at me with the same expression.

"I can never harm you, you are my mate," he said softly. He seemed hurt but I didn't feel sympathy for him.

"You want me just because of a mate bond. Do you even think of my feelings?" She was startled at the response yet her anger didn't diminish.

"Is there any way that you are going to believe me?" he asked, a turmoil of revolt in his emotions.

"Who are you showing your anger to? If you think that you have got a right to harm anyone you want, then you're wrong. Maybe she did say right, Alex is better than you."