War Preparation

It was Arthur, standing in front of me in an armour, dressed as if ready to fight a war.

"You can rest, I won't be here for long. I just came to take something," he said opening a cabinet.

"Where will you sleep?" I asked anxiously. It was his room but I was unwilling to sleep next to him.

"Don't worry, I won't be of any inconvenience to you. The preparations to attack are being made and I have more than one excuse to sleep in the barracks." He took out a sword and unsheathed it, examining its sharpness.

"Where are you going?" I asked brimming with curiosity to know why would werewolves need swords.

"Training," he said as he kept the sword back in and strode out of the room.

There is no chance of him telling me anything. I must undertake it in my hands to gather information about things here.

I get up with intentions of venturing out on my own when again someone knocks at the door.

I open the door to see Alex standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked astonished.

"Can you let me in first? I have taken great pains to be not seen," he said with his charming smile.

"How did you come back here?" I inquired as I closed the door.

"A meeting was held regarding preparations of the war, my alpha was busy so I was the one representing my pack. Didn't Beatrice tell you about it?"

"No, she didn't but why did you come to meet me?" I asked as I sat on the bed.

"I wished to see you," he whispered looking in my eyes as he sat next to me. For a moment I could see something flicker in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I shifted away increasing the distance between us.

"Do you love the him, the king?"

Why was he asking this? I didn't know what to say but he didn't speak further and looked at me earnestly for a reply.

"I don't know," I replied ambiguously. I neither wanted to lie or tell the truth.

"Can you please tell me honestly?" he pleaded and reached for my hand, trying to entwine his fingers with mine.

Hastily I moved my hand away and asked with indignation, "What are you doing and why should I tell you anything?"

"Though you might hate me if you're already in love, I must tell you of my affection."

What affection? I was too taken aback to say anything.

"From the first day I saw you, I have felt attracted towards you. It was not just me, my wolf also felt something different about you. When I came to know of your condition, I became more confused. The Alpha was pretty sure that you were attacked as you were the prince's mate."

He looked at me for a response but I was not in the condition to reply. I had also sensed that he liked me but I never thought him to be serious about it.

"I was vexed, I couldn't understand my own feelings so I just did what I was ordered. I thought if I wouldn't see you, I will forget you but since the day I left you, the only person I could think of was you."

What the hell is he saying?

"Even when I heard you that you have been proclaimed as the queen; my feelings didn't cease, they grew stronger. I looked for reasons and answers but none could be found. There was just a rumour that the prince's wolf experienced pain, which made him recognise you. Still, I couldn't believe anything, my heart couldn't change. Doubting my own people is a treachery I can't do, but indeed I do love you. I have come here to know from you, the answer to my feelings. Your words will be the only truth I will believe and I will put an end to my feelings if your words tell me to do so."

If only I could just run from here and ask my friend Emma what should I do or maybe I should say I don't like both of them or maybe no should tell I like Beatrice. Someone give me some sanity because I will surely go mad here.

What should I do? What happens in a werewolf book in this situation? What should I say? Well, I shouldn't have read those clichés.

______________________________

I thank everyone who is reading from my heart. This is my first book and I am so glad to see three thousand reads.

It takes a little time so don't forget to tap on the star if you like the chapter. It motivates me when I see people voting.

Also, I would love to know what you think. So, who saw this coming?