Bets

Has it ever happened that you were teasing someone do a task as you thought it was impossible for them to comply, but they agree. It's a risky thing so don't do it.

"You agree?" she mocked, "did you understand what I asked?"

"Yes, I did and I am ready to comply with each condition of yours provided you do what you promised."

I could discern a slight disturbance in her demeanor, it was unsightly of him to agree but she soon regained her composure.

"Okay, let's make an official announcement," she demanded, "I will be in your position for now Alpha."

"Okay," he replied with brevity.

"Remember, this is only a chance, I am not going to be your Luna with this."

"I understand," he told bluntly, "let's go then."

"Don't dare to go back on your word," she  warned.

"I won't," he said scrutinizing her intensely with eyes, "but you shouldn't do anything that harms my pack."

"Make a blood oath," she demanded.

"You don't trust me, do you?"

"I don't."

They both stormed out of the room together while I and Alex looked at eachother with a ‘what the hell just happened’ expression.

"He's getting a chance so everything turned to be pretty good," I said awkwardly.

"Doesn't seem so..."

I sighed holding my forehead. "Whatever, I have faith in her decision."

"We can't do anything anyway," he shrugged off the grim topic with a smile.
I think I taught him how to fake expressions like I do.

"What's the blood oath?" I asked, back then Arthur took it too but I didn't think much about it.

"It's oath in the name of moon Goddess, it's scared and breaking it is a sin."

"It means you can't break it?"

"There's an old tale that whoever breaks it is forsaken by moon and their wolf slowly weakens to die."

I nodded, if it was this serious then Beatrice will be safe here and I can go further. I never thought that when Arthur said about the oath of giving me a wish, he was this serious.

"So what are we gonna do now?"

Dun.

A loud thumping sound echoed around.

"What is it?"

"The announcement is starting," he said and mad throbbing of drums began again. "He's officially giving her the position."

_____________________________________

"I'll be fine, don't worry," said Beatrice as he she hugged me.

It was time to leave, we were at the outskirts, all the carriages lined up ready to leave. The weather was nice and clear as it was  almost mid day, the forest didn't seem dreary like before.

"Anything shouldn't happen to her, I entrust her to you," she said to Alex standing beside me.

"Her life is before mine," he said, a hand on his chest bowing a little.

As Beatrice was in charge here, there was no one to protect me and Alex didn't have to stay back to look after the pack so he was the one to be my guard.

"I will miss both of you," she said clasping my hand. "Tell Dad that I am fine."

There was a third person at the scene who was right now being completely ignored, her mate. It was pretty awkward as I could feel him looking towards us, perhaps waiting for a greeting.

"Let's go now," said Alex climbing up the carriage. I watched her mate move away and Beatrice heading back, I don't think their relationship can improve with that. Taking Alex's hand I entered the carriage sitting beside him.

"How long will it take?" I asked as the carriage started moving.

"A day," he replied closing his eyes resting his head against the wall.

"Tired already?"

"I can't help but think what is gonna be of them," he said looking back at me.

"Honestly, Beatrice would not stay. I know how she feels and it's only hate and disgust. She's doing this so that he will stop pestering her."

"Well, my pack will have a better Alpha for a while. It's better that she won't stay against her will," he said smiling.

"Whose side are you on?"

"Yours," he mumbled.

"Got any ways to escape from your Alpha?"

"Well I actually do have one," he chuckling.

"Really?"

"Yeah, Beatrice isn't the only one that wants to leave. But I don't wanna leave him alone. I am not strong willed like Beatrice "

"You deserve to be treated with respect. It's not about will "

"I will consider that," he said.

It was quite for a while but I remembered that I should probably ask about my parents.

"Do you know my parents?"

"Not personally, I saw your dad when I once earlier came to take your friend." He hesitated a bit on the take part and I could pretty well guess what it was.

"How is he?"

I wondered how was I gonna recognise anyone, they didn't know of me being the Queen as the identity was kept anonymous.

"You don't remember even them?" he asked with suprise.

I shook my head in negation, they were not my parents to begin with.

"Your dad is the beta," he told moving his hands through the chestnut hair pondering about something, "but I don't know anymore than this."

I buried my head in my palms, I needed to think of a nice excuse.

"What excuse had you given them?" I lifted my head, it touched his hand hovering just above but he drew back immediately.

"You were training here," he said furrowing his eyebrows unable to remember more.

"Ahhhhh," I groaned, "my head is hurting from this."

"It's gonna be fine," he said with a faint smile looking at me with sympathy. I found myself looking in his eyes but I turned away the moment he tucked a strand of my hair against my eyes behind my ear.

He was about to say something but suddenly the carriage rocked and my head it hitted the wooden roof.

"Ouch," I said rubbing my head, it was really a bad day.

"Are you fine?"

"I am not gonna lose my memory again with this," I said.

"So are you gonna tell your parents everything?" he asked.

"No," I said with a smirk, I wasn't ready to deal with anymore problems I was just a fake anyway. "I just had a concussion after falling and hitting my head."

"What?" he seemed dumbfounded, unable to grasp the meaning.

"This is my excuse and you'll have to play along."

-_____________________________

Don't forget to vote.