The Wish

I had asked for various things in life from God. I remember wishing to live a life of adventure with werewolves when I used to read those books but now, I am regretting that so much.

I had also wished to be a billionaire, a singer, a genius but none of that came true. But here I am stuck in this werewolf world without even having a werewolf. If there's a moon goddess then she must be having fun watching me.

Would I ever return?

I was sitting alone in the dark cold room, the painting which looked beautiful in day stared creepily at me in night time; I really couldn't sleep. I didn't say what I wanted in return as I wanted to think about what I should ask for.

I felt like crying as I was missing everyone. There must be a way to get back but how?

I don't even know how I got here. Should I see some oracle or holy priest? I don't even know if they have one.

I couldn't sit and wait; I had to know this world and prepare myself for everything.

_________________________

He had assigned the woman from the other day as my attendant. She was in my room in the morning to wake me up. She offered to help me bathe but I refused her. I didn't want another person to know about my scars and it's just too weird to have someone bathe you. Maybe I was injured that's why she asked me.

I had worn simple loose clothes though I was given the option to wear a silk gown with an elaborate design on it. I didn't want to show him that I was ready to be his queen.

I had asked her to show me the palace so that I could gather information about the things here. I ventured out of my room into the beautiful palace, I felt like I entered a historical building for you. Everything seemed like it was from an antique shop, intricately designed and carved out by hands.

I had been walking around asking about everything from her. Her answers were polite and elaborate. She didn't even seem to get annoyed by it.

I didn't see Alex anywhere and I was worried about him. Maybe he had sent him away.

I was in the corridor when I saw a big portrait hung on the wall. There was a family of four in it. The kid in the picture looked like the crown prince. I looked towards her to ask but before I could say anything she already said, "It is our prince with the king and queen."

"But who is that girl in the picture?" I asked.

"She is our late Crown Princess," she said.

I wanted to ask further about her but I couldn't as I saw him coming towards me.

"You seem to be curious about me," he said as he stopped beside me.

"I am just wish to know what I am getting myself into," I said nonchalantly.

"Good that you are preparing yourself, my queen. Will you like to have breakfast with me?"

I nod and we both go to the dining room. The food was already there and the attendant didn't follow us here.

"I am telling father about you today," he says sitting down.

"Does your father not know about your plans?"

"No, this is why you have to play your part of being deeply in love with me as you might have a visitor," he said as he started filling his plate.

"How are you going to convince him that I am your mate? I don't have scent or wolf and I don't even feel anything when you touch me," I asked curiously.

"My wolf howled inside me and I was in a deep pain when I first saw you," he said looking at me.

"Really?" I asked as I couldn't believe him. He didn't show any sign of pain when I first saw him.

"No," he said smirking.

"This what I am going to say to prove that you are my mate. No one can prove anything as you have lost your wolf. They'll have to believe in what I say. No one can mind link you and force your wolf to tell the about me being your mate. We have to put on a good show so no one questions us. I might not be able to come to you so be prepared, my queen."

I took the glass of water kept at the table and chugged the whole of it down. I actually need some nice wine to survive this place. I had thought it last night again and again. He had said that he would give me anything if I became his queen. I have to make sure of my advantage so that later on he doesn't go back on his words.

"You said that you'll give me anything if I agree to be a part of your play," I said nervously.

Looking up he kept his fork aside, lips curved in a malicious smile as if he was waiting for me to say that.

"So, what do you want, a mansion, a diamond mine? I shall have it under your name, so you have to don't work your whole life even after you leave the castle."

I hadn't really decided anything particular and though these options were tempting, I don't know when I will leave this place or how I will manage a mansion or castle. Maybe I should ask him pardon my life if I ever make a mistake.

"Don't ask me take you in place of my mate forever," he said gravely, his threat apparent.

"I don't have anything I am sure of; I will tell you when I think it's the time."

I have to know more about this world to ensure that I am not at disadvantage.

"Okay," he said getting up.

"Wait," I said leaving my chair.

"What? Have you thought what you want?" he asked with a frown on his face.

"How can I believe that you'll not go back on your word?"

Weren't there usually promises or oaths in a werewolf book?

"Are you questioning the authority of the crown prince?" he said menacingly, arching an eyebrow upwards.

I flinched back but I didn't want to jeopardize my position.

"If I had believed you when we first met wouldn't I have been at loss? I want more than said words, a written contract or oath."

"So, you know about this too?" he said seemingly amused at my words.

"Then I will give you, the blood oath provided what you ask for doesn't harm my kingdom or anybody."
___________

Tell me if you see typos and don't forget get to leave a vote.