Beatrice

I just laid on the bed while Beatrice sat beside me. I was pretty curious on how she got here. I really didn't expect that cynic to let her be my guard.

"Why did you become my guard?" I asked turning towards her, I was really happy that she came for me.

"I promised myself to protect you always. How could I leave knowing that you were heading straight into the tiger's den?"

It was weird, according to her I was the one who pushed her aside to take the rogue attack. "Will you be able to protect me?" I asked jokingly.

"It's not my power but my connections. Arthur needs my father's help, also I am that idiot's mate. If anything goes wrong, I will have your back."

I nodded and got up stretching my arms but that was when she lied down. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I was feeling sleepy but you had taken all the space," she said with a smile, closing her eyes.

"Really?" I mocked as I lied down again with my face towards her.

"So did you accept your mate to come here?" I asked observing her pretty face. I really admired her; she was better than all the guys here. I hoped she wouldn't accept that snob.

"No, I didn't. I was returning when Alex came to me. He told me that he was asked to leave after bringing you here. He felt that something was wrong and was worried about you."

I smiled and touched her cheek lightly with my hand. "You know you're way too good for him."

"I know," she said taking my hand.

I got up and pulled her up. "That's why I couldn't find Alex anywhere." I really didn't expect him to be concerned about me.
"How did you convince the prince to let you in? "

"I asked my dad to give his support to your prince against the moon kingdom. I never thought that we would have to accept the authority of Silver Kingdom."

I didn't really understand what this meant to her but I know, betraying your own king must be something big.

"Thanks for coming here," I said pulling her into a hug.

"Someone really missed me, huh? Thanks for standing up for me."

She patted my back and I felt like I was hugging my mom. In this desolate palace I have finally found warmth.

"You deserve a smarter mate. I couldn't leave you with that kidnapper plus mate combo."

"Even I couldn't leave you here alone with that mate obsessed prince. So, are you really his mate?"

"Yes," I lied moving away. It's not like I didn't trust her but I wasn't sure what she would do if I tell her the truth. I don't think Arthur who lied to his own parents would want me to tell the truth to someone.

"How did he know that you were his mate?"

"His wolf sensed it."

"You are sure about being his mate, right? Also does he love you and do you love him back?" Her eyes only held care for me. I feel bad in lying to her.

"Yes, I love him."

________________________

I was entering the massive main palace as the queen had called for me. Also today was the day of the announcement so I guess there must be something important.

I was enamored by the beauty of things here. The palace was an example of exemplary architecture. The chandeliers and statues seemed to be in every place. Big portrait hung on the walls and the roof was sculpted. Why did the crown prince even have a place of his own when the main palace was so big?

Unlike the empty halls of his palace, here there were several guards and people. If not for my attendant leading me, I would have been lost.

I reached the Queen's room and Clove announced my arrival.

I entered and saw the queen who welcomed me with a warm smile.

"This is the moment I have been waiting for so long. I already have so many things prepared for you. Come, I will show you everything."

I followed her and she took me to another room inside her own room. I guess this is what being rich feels like.

"This is my jewelry collection. Tell me if anything catches your eye, I will give it to you."

What I saw in front of me reminded me of Ariana Grande's 'Seven Rings'. I never thought that even in medieval era I would feel broke.

Necklaces, rings, crowns and any type of accessory I could think of was there and they were not made of plastic but gold. Diamonds, rubies, emeralds glimmered in front of my eyes. If only my best friend would have been here, we would have screamed so hard.

I see it, I like it, I want it.

This was going to be fun.

_______________

Sorry for late update. I'll proof read soon.

Tell me what you think in comments.

Is anyone here an Arianator?

Don't forget to vote ☺️.