Clichés

A girl with brown braided hair and blue eyes entered the room. She resembled the alpha I had seen yesterday.

"Do you need anything ? I am the Alpha's sister Mabel," she said looking at us with curious beady eyes.

She was young, about twelve or thirteen years old. I recollected my memory of reading more than three books in which there was a character of Alpha's sister who helped the female lead.

Was I dead already? This world was so similar to the books I had read. When was this dream gonna end?

"Ask your brother to call a doctor," she said, looking at me with moist eyes, "please."

The girl nodded and went away.

I looked at my hands, they were red and scratched as if someone dropped an angry cat on me. They had several scars and so did my legs, like I was beaten brutally but I didn't feel any pain. I could get a faint smell of something from the area of wound. I touched a part of skin that was torn, I flinched back from the piercing pain, it was like my skin was set in fire.

"The numbing potion must be losing it's effects," she said hearing me shriek. "Don't touch yourself, it was already not enough to be used on your legs," she said holding my hand. "I will help you even if I have to forget my pride. You are more precious to me than anything."

"Why do you hate your mate?" I asked rather curiously, I needed something to forget about my pain and the situation I was in. A part of my brain felt like I had gone mad.

"He works for the crown prince. The prince who has gone mad in search of his mate," she said.

"What prince?" I asked amused, I had a thing for stories.

"Earlier the Silver and Moon Kingdom were friends but I had heard that nobles from moon kingdom were plotting to kill the Prince's mate. The espionage system of Silver Kingdom is very secretive and wide. When the prince heard this he changed completely. They wanted to weaken the prince and take over the Silver Kingdom but they didn't know that by doing this he would become a bloodthirsty warrior."

I was listening with great attention; I didn't even realize when someone had entered the room.

"Are you injured?" he huffed panting. His face was marked with anxiety and worry, also he was sweating like he had been running all the way to come here.

It was the alpha from yesterday, I could easily recognise the striking blue eyes. I felt irritated as he interrupted us when we were talking. I meant, I like seeing handsome guys but they aren't above good stories for me.

"We both are and any sensible person would have known that," she ferociously said. "You just dumped us in a room when we were unconscious without even thinking." She was back with her strong self from yesterday.

"I am sorry. I had to report to crown prince along with my beta. I really didn't have time and no one dared to touch you in my absence as you were brought by me," he said with some remorse.

"Oh I forgot, I was just a kidnapped Princess not your mate. You might as well give me to Crown prince to please him." She emphasised the word mate to hurt him and she succeeded

He looked as if someone had slapped him hard. Maybe it was his wolf taking over him, I couldn't really tell.

He came closer and took her hand pulling her closer towards him. Looking in her eyes, he warned, "Mine, you are my mate and I won't ever give you to anyone."

It was his wolf. I was sure because his eyes had darkened and he had lost his control

"So it means you're just dumb," she sneered, not afraid of him.

He seemed dumbfounded, unable to think of a reply to her mockery. Regaining control he just looked at her fiercely; he didn't let go of her, her hand turning purple from his grasp.

"Stop, you are hurting her," I said loudly.

Shrugging her hand off bitterly, he stormed out of the room.

"Are you fine ?" I asked checking the bruise.

"You don't have to worry about me May, at least I am not the Prince's mate. I don't care if this beast rejects me."

"May I come in?"

A woman in her late thirties was standing outside the room. Dressed in a strange outfit covered by a robe.

She had short red hair and green eyes, her face expression calm and welcoming.

"I am the apothecary who was requested to check your wounds." Moving forward towards us she asked, "Now, can I start?"

She first checked Beatrice inspecting each and every cut carefully to see if there was any chance of infection. A lot of places had already healed but there were scars.

She fidgeted, looking restless as she kept studying her each and every wound telling what she will apply so there were no marks left after complete healing.

Glancing towards me she said,"I have not called you for me, she was attacked by a rogue."

The doctor was still calm but now she started checking me.

Beatrice got up and locked the door and then said, "There is a claw mark on her back."

She unties the strings at the back of my dress. I turned my neck to see what she was doing.

Her face looked shocked and had lost its colour. Her fingers trembled as she touched my back. I observed her as she closed her taking in a deep breath and then touching the scar again. There was a strange tension which she was trying to hide.

"There is a bathroom attached to the room, let me help you clean your wounds. Don't tell anyone about the rogue attack for now," she said with a firm voice.

"Okay," I nodded, wondering what had attacked me? She wouldn't have said that if it was just a rogue. Also, how long was I going to be here?

______________________________

Tell me what you think in comments.

Don't forget to vote 🙂