{ III }

Idiot

Idiot. He didn't keep his promise. Fucking piece of shit. 

I ignore every reflection I can as I walk back into the bedroom and grab an old shirt of Tiago's since none of my clothes are here. 

He gave her away and now- 

'Are you alright?' He asks, for the millionth time since we got to his room. 'Yes. I'm fine Tiago.'

'You've been acting weird since... You know.'

'Since what? Since you sold my best friend?' His eyes meet mine and I hope he feels my fury.

'It wasn't supposed to escalate this way Neve-' 'But it did! I told you to not go through with that stupid deal and you did!'

He looks at me, totally in shock by my words.

'What did you think I was going to do, let you die?'

'Yes! I was fine with dying Tiago!' I shout at him. He takes a step back, not knowing how to react.

My words scare him, I can tell by the way his hands are shaking, and I understand they do, but it's true.

But I know that Adrian wouldn't actually kill me. He would've kept me for himself until I finally caved in or would've given up entirely, and maybe then. 

'You would leave me?' He asks with a lump in his throat. Leave him... That's all he can fucking think about. That I'll leave him. 

'If that meant saving Cataleya from suffering, then yes..' I answer quietly, 'I would.'

'She won't be suffering, we will-'

'Yes, she will Tiago! We don't even know where she is right now! Your plan backfired and now we have to work harder to get her back! She doesn't deserve this and you know that!' His eyes shoot to mine with a questioning look.

'She got involved in this shit because of me. Because of my past with you. She doesn't deserve any of this.'

'Neveah, please...' He begs me to take back my words, but I can't. I simply can't.

I meant every word that came out of my mouth. Cataleya doesn't deserve this and it's all my fault. She had nothing to do with the Curzio's if it wasn't for me. And now the Steels have her as leverage against Rio. They will mentally drain her, if not kill her. We need to come up with a plan. 

'I told you last time, pull Cataleya in our mess and I'll leave.' I whisper, stepping away from him. 'I told you-' 'Neveah, I was not going to let you die.' He interferes, trying to step back to me. 

'As soon as we get her back, we're leaving.' 

'No. Neveah, please. Don't do this.' I shake my head and take a seat on the bed, feeling the exhaustion take over me. 'You leave me no choice.'