{ V }

I stretch and take a deep breath as I stare into the horizon

I stretch and take a deep breath as I stare into the horizon. No land, no matter where I look. 

As if the only thing left on this earth, is this boat. No land, no one else but all the people on here. 

All alone. 

But the waves bring calmness, soothing sounds that made me fall asleep faster than ever before last night. 

'You're up early.' I turn to the voice and step back when I see who it is. 'It's just me.' Hunter chimes, climbing the last step and walking over to me. 

'More reason for me to leave.' I mumble, slowly heading to the steps. 

I was just enjoying the breeze, and he had to ruin it for me. 'How late do you want to go?' 

I stop and turn around, looking at him with a questioning look. 'Right now would be great.' 

He shakes his head and chuckles. 'You at least have to stay till lunch.' 

'Why would you ask if you weren't going to let me decide?' I ask, folding my arms across my chest. 'I was just suggesting-'  'Breakfast, and I'm gone.' 

'Have I really been that bad?' No. But that does not mean I want to stay any longer. 

I've been able to avoid him ever since lunch. I only bumped into Noah when it was time for dinner. He brought some food to my room, knowing that I wasn't going to sit in that dining room with Hunter again. 

'If it hasn't been obvious yet, I don't want to be here.' He inhales sharply and slowly breaths out, mumbling something. 'Patience.

'What?' He looks back at me and smiles. 'I have to have patience with you.' What? 

'That's something I have to learn.' What for? I sigh deeply and glance around, before turning back to him. 'You don't have to.' 

He frowns and steps closer to me. I'm still at the stairs, I could walk out any second if he even tries anything. 

'I'll be gone in a few hours, so that's not necessary.' He wants to respond, but I won't allow him to and walk down the steps, back to my room. 

They washed the clothes I came in, so I'll put those on instead of these stupid dresses. 

Okay, I must admit, they're not stupid. But I'm not going to keep them. 

I lock the door and change, before heading to the dining room. 

Hunter is already sitting at the end of the table and smiles when I come in. 'I think it's going to be a bit too cold for what you're wearing.' 

'Good thing I didn't ask.' They put my plate on his side of the table again, probably because he told them to.