{ LXXV }

'Here you are.' I turn around and watch as Leya and Celine storm through the door, making me drop the pieces of cloth I was using to clean the floor. 

'Why are you scrubbing the floor?' Leya asks as she moves closer to me. 

'Is it still the list of chores Rio gave to you?' Celine asks as she takes a seat on one of the benches I just had to clean. 

'Yes and please don't get that bench dirty again.' I mumble as I get on my knees to get pick up the disgusting piece of cloth. 

'List of chores- He's still giving you chores?' Leya asks as she turns around with a frown on her face. 

I nod and dump the cloth in the bucket, before wringing it out and scrubbing the stain on the floor. 

I'm still unsure about what it is, it's either blood or dried-up dirt. 

But it just won't come off the floor. 

'I will talk to him and-' I jump up and get in front of her, trying to stop her from moving past me, 'Please don't talk to him.' 

The last time she did, he gave me a few extra chores. They were light, but still. 

He didn't want me talking to Leya in the first place, so him finding out about our little talk made him even angrier. 

And when she gave him the silent treatment, he just lost his shit and made me stay up all night doing those stupid chores. 

'Please just let me talk to him about it, maybe he'll-' 'The last time you did that, he made me go fish at four in the morning because he suddenly wanted to eat fish for breakfast.' She looks at me and sighs deeply, dropping down next to Celine. 

Rio doesn't like fish, I know that for a fact, but he gave me that chore just because he wanted to punish me for involving Leya. 

'He's acting like a child.' She groans as she looks back at me. 

'I agree with her on that one, I mean I understand that he's mad, but this is getting out of hand.' Celine adds, turning to me as well. 

As much as I want to agree with them, I know how he felt. 

I understand the fear, I understand the anger. I get that he's skeptical about me talking to Leya, and I get that he wants to make my life a living hell for what happened to her. 

But I'm exhausted. 

'How have you two been?' I ask as I turn back to the cloth on the floor, wanting to talk about something else for now. 

It won't take long until Marco will show up to make sure that we're not talking so I'll take every second I'm granted to talk to them. 

'Good, but I'll have to go back to Paris soon.' I frown at Celine's response and wait for her to continue as I scrub a bit harder on the stain.