{ LXXIX }

A soft knock on the door, makes me wake up entirely

A soft knock on the door, makes me wake up entirely. As if I wasn't about to fall asleep two seconds ago. 

'Come in.' I would much rather spend time with the person knocking on the door than get another few hours of sleep. 

Valentina's head appears behind the door and the exhaustion from all of this melts away like ice in the sun. 

'I didn't know if you were asleep already.' She whispers as if I'm sleeping as she closes the door behind her. 

'I already slept.' I lie, not wanting her to tell me to go to sleep again. 

That's how they deal with all of this. And by they, I mean Celine and Valentina. 

They're worried I'll do too much if they don't make sure I'll rest enough. 

'Is that so?' She asks, raising a brow as she moves closer to the bed. 

I nod and force my body up a bit, trying to ignore the pain and focusing on the woman in front of me. 

My woman. 

'Came to see me again?' She smiles at my question and stays at the end of the bed, awkwardly standing there as she looks at me. 'I wanted to ask you some questions, but you need your rest.' 

'Like I said, I already slept.' I don't want her to go. I don't want to rest. 

I know I should take it easy, but I just feel like I'm weaker than ever before if I stay in bed all day and do absolutely nothing. 

'And you expect me to believe you?' I nod and feel a rush of pain ram into me like a truck at even the slightest movement, making her frown, 'Did the pain get worse?'

'No.' It didn't. It just doesn't seem to fucking stop, 'What did you want to talk about?' 

She sighs deeply and walks around the bed, 'Too much at once.' 

Her sigh starts something inside of me. 

I know she's worried about me being injured, and I truly appreciate all that she's done so far, but I don't like seeing her like this. 

She seems out of it like it's too much to handle for her right now. 

'Talk to me.' I say as I place my hand on hers and pull her body closer. 

She takes a deep breath and drops down next to me, her legs ending on top of mine as she brings my hands to her soft lips. 

It should warm me, it should make me feel happy, but it doesn't. 

Something's wrong and I don't like it at all. 

I've been locked up in this room for less than forty-eight hours and I'm already going insane. 

'What's wrong?' She shakes her head and looks into my eyes, making me search for something. Anything... 

'Nothing, it's just that... I feel guilty.' Guilty? My heart starts racing and all the worse case scenarios start popping up in my head.