{ XI }

'So tell me why you really came by

'So tell me why you really came by.' Camilla says placing her glass of wine on the table. 

After this meeting, I need a lot more than wine. 

'I need some men.' I can see Pablo grin from the head of the table. 'What happened to your own?' Dante asks. 

He's the oldest, so he has to come to every meeting to see how this shit goes, but I truly wish he wouldn't be at this one. 

He's just as annoying as his father, wanting to poke holes into everything. 

But no one compares to his mother. 

She's an absolute devil when it comes to stuff like this. 

Favors. 

Simple favors. 

'They're focusing on the murders in England.' I lie. They were focusing on that, just not anymore. 

But she doesn't need to know that. And she won't, because she only deals with our associates in Spain and Portugal, not England. 

'All of them?' Pablo asks and I hold in a sigh as I nod. 'Yes, all of them. There's a lot going on there.' 

'And you can't call back a few to help you with... With what exactly?' I turn back to Camilla and nod. 

The story Marco told me is the only one that would make sense. 

'I ordered a big shipment from the Russians, jewels, and guns, and a lot of people want it. We decided to send it in smaller portions, otherwise, it would be too obvious, but I heard some people still wanted it.' The lie comes out as smooth as can be, and I keep my eyes fixated on my aunt. 

If she sees through the lies, we're screwed. 

It's not a complete lie, but I couldn't care less about the shipment being highjacked. 

'Where are you storing it?' She asks, taking another sip of her wine. 'Some in London, some in New Orleans, and some in Rome.' 

'And you're deciding all of this without Leonardo?' I knew someone was going to bring up his absence, but I didn't think it was going to be Pablo. 

They never got along, even worse than Camilla and me. 

It had something to do with Monica Santos, but I never really cared about it. 

'He's getting things done with the Russians.' He nods and turns back to Camilla, waiting for her to ask me more questions. 

I can see that she wants to know everything, the price I'm willing to pay, how many men I need, when the move will take place, how long it will take, and why I came to her. 

But I know better to talk before she even asks. I don't want to give away too much. 

'And you're here? Without him?' I finally take a sip from my wine and nod.