{ LXVIII }

I wrap my arms around my stomach and look at the towels on the ground

I wrap my arms around my stomach and look at the towels on the ground. I made a fucking mess... 

A knock on the door makes me jump a little and I feel one of the babies move in my uterus. 'I'm fine, please leave me alone.' 

I can hear Brandon's voice but I can't really tell what he's saying or who he's talking to. 

'Hey!' I move to the edge of the bed and look at the door when I hear him shout and wonder what the hell is going on when I hear a loud thud. 

'Brandon-' The door opens and closes within seconds, before the person who stormed in locks it, 'Nico?' 

'Nico! You better open this fucking door!' Brandon shouts, banging on the other side of the door. 'Brandon, are you okay?' 

I can hear him groan as he tries to break through the door again. 'Do you need me to get help?' 

Nico looks right at me, not moving an inch away from the door. 'I'm fine.' 

I don't need him to worry more than he already has. 'Are you sure-' 'She said she's fine, now go.' 

I grab a pillow and throw it at him, hating the way he's talking to Brandon. 'I'm fine, I promise.' 

'Shout if you need anything.' Brandon mumbles, slowly walking away from the door. 

I take a deep breath and look at Nico, who is standing in my room after all the shit that happened. 

'What were you thinking?' His eyes are dark and he seems angry, but I'm barely able to process that he's here. 'Why would you lock yourself in a bathroom, knowing that something bad could happen?' 

He steps closer and I jump to my feet, feeling my body shout at me to go back on the bed. 

But Nico stops moving, his eyes widening when he sees my huge belly. 

'You're pregnant?' I nod and take a few steps away from him. 'Neveah, you-' 'Stop right there.' I say when he slowly steps closer. 

He stops moving again and simply looks at me. Still angry, maybe even angrier than before. 

'You could've drowned.' He says as his eyes stick to mine, 'You could've killed yourself and your baby.' 

My heart starts racing again and I can't help but feel fear fill my head again.

'Babies.' I say, making his eyes widen just a little more. 'Babies? Twins?' I nod and listen to him laugh at me, wondering why he's even here to begin with. 'Are you fucking kidding me?' 

'What are you doing here?' My voice breaks and I can't help but let a tear escape my eyes. 'I heard what happened and wanted to check up on you guys, but don't ignore the other part, are you even thinking straight.' 

I walk past him and move the soaked towels out of the way, before opening the bathroom door. 

He grabs my arm and pulls me back, grabbing my face with his other hand so that I have to look at him. 'Why are you being so careless?'