{ LXXII }

'Will that be all for today?' William nods and quickly glances at Leon for the thousandth time, 'Make sure the guests have the best experience but don't forget to check up on the staff too

'Will that be all for today?' William nods and quickly glances at Leon for the thousandth time, 'Make sure the guests have the best experience but don't forget to check up on the staff too.' 

'I'm sorry, miss, but we barely have time to-' 'Check up on the staff, it's not that hard.' The man looks at Leon again, waiting for him to say something. 

But he hasn't said a word ever since this stupid meeting started twenty minutes ago. 

'You heard her, go check up on the staff members and make sure they have everything they need, it will be a tough season.' William sighs but nods as he takes in Leon's words and excuses himself from the room. 

I want to shoot bullets through the back of his head for not listening to me to begin with, but I'm too tired. 

'Not everyone will listen to you, little one.' Leonardo says as he finally turns to face me. 'I don't need them to listen to me, I just need them to do as they're told.' 

A smile appears on his face, one that's far from amusing. As if he's remembering something painful. 

'You're just like him, little one.' He says as he takes all the papers on the table and places them on one stack.

'Any news on Nadora?' He stills for a second and slowly shakes his head. 'Nothing new.' 

How? There has to be something on him, something that would make us get closer to getting Rio back. 

'Or you're just keeping it from me.' My words shock him more than I expected them to, and I can't help but feel bad for accusing him when his eyes meet mine. 

He seems hurt. Like I slapped him in the face. 

'I'm not keeping shit from you, Leya.' I nod and sigh deeply. 

It has barely been a day and I'm already losing my fucking mind. 

I shouldn't lash out at him, I shouldn't be annoyed towards him, I shouldn't be pushing him away. 

He knows just as much as I do. He wouldn't keep anything Rafael-related from me. 

'I'm sorry.' His gaze softens as he keeps his eyes on me, as if he knows this would happen at some point. 'It's fine, you're just on edge. But we'll work on it, okay?' 

I nod and watch as he leaves the office, hearing the door close behind him. 

And I'm all alone again. 

Soaking in my husband's office. The husband who is being held hostage by someone who claims I am to be his bride, because of some messed up agreement my father made before I was fucking born. 

Fucking hell... 

The air suddenly starts getting heavier with each breath I take. 

And the urge to burn everything down grows with each breath too.