{ XLVI }

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

I try to understand what Alex is saying, but I can't focus on anything else but Valentina right now. 

The shit she said before I left the room. Maybe that's exactly what I want... 

Fucking hell... 'So, Curzio? Do we have a deal?' Fuck. 

I didn't catch anything apart from the fact that he wants to meet up soon. 'Send the information to Marco Barsetti, I'll see what I can do.' 

Alex nods and looks at his companion, before commanding something in Russian. 

The guy rushes out of the screen and Alex turns back to me. 'I'll see you in a few weeks.' A few weeks? 

'I'll see you.' I say, before ending the call and shutting my laptop. 

I barely have a few seconds of silence, before Marco bursts through the door, looking a lot more troubled than he should be if he has only been focussing on the tasks I gave him. 

'We have some problems.' Certo. I watch as he takes a seat in the chair across from me and wait for him to continue. 'You asked me to send some guys to England to see if we finished the business, so I sent in Lucas and Joseph to check it out.'

'Any news from them yet?' 'They went off the radar after telling me they saw Martin Steel at the hospital four days ago.' He continues, going through his phone to show me something. 'I sent Winston and Nora to get a hold of them, but they never came back with new info.' 

Fucking hell... 

'Get to the point Barsetti.' He nods and throws his phone on the desk. 'Two days ago, Vincenzo got these at the base in Rome.' 

I stare at his phone, a picture of four different rings on display, and frown. He nods at my confusion and swipes to the left. 'This morning I got this from Vincenzo.' I stare at another picture and see the heads of all the people he named not so long ago. 

Lucas, Joseph, Winston, and Nora. 

All dead. Beheaded. 

Simply because they were in England, trying to spy on the remaining Steel for us. 

'I sent word to Vincenzo to send two more guys over, just to check if it's an actual thing or just a coincidence, but... We both know it's not.' They're onto us... 

'It was just Martin Steel in the hospital right?' I ask, feeling my heartbeat quicken by the second. 'They think it was only him, but they couldn't really see much since they were being followed.' 

'And how come you're only sending two at a time?' I ask curiously. 

He knows we have enough people to go to England, yet he's only sending two at a time.