{ LI }

'Leon

'Leon.' I look at Violet and frown since she's bursting through the door with a panicked look on her face. 'Someone's at the gate.' 

'It's probably Adriano.' They said that they would get here today. 'It doesn't look like Rafael, Leonardo.' 

I lower the papers I was reading and turn to her. 'Who is it then?' 

'Some guy on a motorcycle, he's still at the gate.' Motorcycle? 

I get up and follow her through the empty hall. Right as I'm about to open the door, Violet grabs my arm and pulls me back. 'He didn't seem like a good guy.' 

'Did he come alone?' She nods, her hands still on my arm, and keeps her eyes on mine. 'I don't want you to get hurt, so just be careful okay?' 

'I'll be fine, did he say what his name was?' I ask with my hand on the doorknob. 'He just said that he was allowed in and wanted to burn the entire place down if I didn't let him.' Oh... 

I open the door and head out, reaching for the gun on my waist.

There's a man on a motorcycle with a helmet on, waiting by the gate. And he does not seem pleased. 

'Can I help you?' I ask once I'm close enough for him to hear me. 

The man starts chuckling and I roll my eyes while reaching for the gate. 

And I put two and two together. 

'You have to be fucking kidding me.' Nico mutters, taking off his helmet before staring me down. 'Of course, it's you who won't let me fucking in.' 

'If you just said that it was you,  we wouldn't be having this problem.'

I open the gate and walk back to the house, watching as Violet keeps her eyes on Nico. 'Who is he?' 

'Some idiot who helped with everything, could you take him to a room or something?' 

She nods and turns back to the door, patiently waiting for Nico to enter while I head back to my office. 

After a few minutes of silence, I hear some commotion coming from down the hall. 

'You can't just-' The door opens and I can tell Violet is trying her hardest to keep Nico from storming into my office. 

'Are we good?' Nico asks, trying to make sure Violet doesn't push him out of the office. 'Violet, you can go.' 

She looks at me as she brushes some loose strands of hair out of her face, and walks out of the room. 

'I should be asking you, don't you think?' 

Even though he has been messing around, or trying to mess around with Neveah, I am not the one who started this petty war. 

'I'm not the- you know what, no. Fuck this.' He reaches for the door. 'Where are the others?' 

Nico turns back to me, smiling a little. 'They're stuck in traffic, I slipped past.'