{ XXXIII }

'Everything is set, right?' Kai looks at me and gulps, before looking at Celine for a while

'Everything is set, right?' Kai looks at me and gulps, before looking at Celine for a while. 'I am talking to you, not her.'

He turns back to me and sighs deeply. 'Everything is set. Right?' I ask again, frowning a bit.

'I think so.' He answers, looking at his hands on the table. He tends to do that when he's nervous.

'What do you mean, you think so?' He flinches for a second and looks at Celine again, as if she's going to help him, but she's too busy talking to North to care, 'I need you to be sure.'

It's probably stupid to put this much trust in him again, but he's our only way inside right now.

'Are you sure this is a smart idea?' Everyone looks at me, waiting for my answer to Marco's question.

'He's kind of our only way in.' Celine answers in my stead, making everyone look at her.

Vincent grabs her hand and squeezes it tightly. 'What if he betrays you again?' Nico asks, annoyed as hell.

He has been a bitch about this ever since I told them the plan two days ago. 'Then I'll kill him the moment I see him.'

'Can someone explain to me what's going on, just one more time?' Brandon asks a little confused.

We've been over this a billion times and I honestly didn't expect North to have this much patience, but I'm slowly losing it. I sigh and look at North, considering she came up with this ridiculous plan to get inside.

'We're going to send Kai to Hunter so we can see how everything is put together so we can get her out of there as soon as possible.'

Nico rolls his eyes and looks at her as if it's the most stupid shit ever. It might be, but she worked it all out.

Even though they all told her to take it easy for a while, since she's still a bit sick, she just couldn't drop it.

'And you honestly think he's going to get back in there without any questions?' She shakes her head and stares at Nico for a while, murdering him in her mind, because that's how those two communicate.

Without words.

'That's where Celine comes in.' I say since she doesn't continue to explain for the tenth time. 'Yes, that's where Celine comes in.' North repeats, making some people chuckle.

'He's going to crawl his ass back to Hunter, acting like he's all heartbroken and seeking for revenge to get Celine back.'

'About that...' Kai mumbles, making everyone look at him, 'I don't think I'm that good of an actor on that part.'

'Oh, I'm sure we can all agree that you are.' North chimes, looking Kai up and down, before smiling at him. 'You fooled us, didn't you?'

I can see the pain in his eyes as he takes in Celine's words. One by one, soaking them in and trying to keep himself calm at the same time.