{ XLI }

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

I wake up underneath the soft sheets and roll over, feeling an empty space to my right. 

The only thing that's keeping me sane, is the sound of waves crashing against the sides of the boat. 

I'm here. I'm not with Hunter anymore. 

But I'm still alone. 

Because Rio isn't here. He left. Just like he used to... 

I try to sit up, cursing at my body for being so sore after last night, and look around the room. 

Our clothes are everywhere, yet I'm still wearing my shirt. 

I slowly climb out of bed, struggling to head to one of the doors in this room. 

My legs are covered in hickeys and it looks insane, but I can't help but feel something warm rush through me. Stop that... 

When I open the door, I realize that there's a huge bathroom behind it, and I stumble inside. 

'Fucking hell.' I lean against the counter and look at my reflection in the mirror. 

I look like a mess. One big, desperate mess. 

A mess that will get her heart shattered again. 

No. I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen. 

Last night was something else, but he left. Again. 

And I can't let him go that easily. Not after what he did. He slept with Molly. 

After you told him how you felt. That pesky voice in my head says, mocking me for even falling back to him. 

I let last night happen because I needed it. I needed him and I probably still do, but differently. 

Was last night even real? Because it felt like a dream. 

Rio didn't actually say those things, did he? 

Or he did, just to get me back, right? 

Because it's not like him to actually mean those things. 

It must've been because of the tension, because of the scene that was about to play out between us. 

It can't be real, because he doesn't care. He said that a million times. 

The only reason he brought me back, is so he can have me again. Right? 

If so, I let him. I let him have me and I feel so stupid for letting him, but God did it feel good. 

I shake my head and turn the faucet on, filling a bath with warm water. And while I wait for the bath to fill, I quickly brush my teeth and take it all in.