{ LXIV }

{TRIGGER WARNING! EXPLICIT CONTENT! DO NOT READ IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, THANK YOU! Otherwise, enjoy!} 

Heavy footsteps sound down the hall, making all our heads turn towards the door. 

Rafael enters the room, followed by the man who introduced himself as Vincenzo Garcia.  

'Barsetti, I need you to go back to Spain and talk with the police department. Take your brother with you.' Rafael's hard voice beams, making my skin burn up. 

I haven't heard his voice in a few days. As if he's been staying quiet around me on purpose, depriving me of everything that's him. 

Because he has been avoiding me as well. 

Marco and Brandon look at me, wondering if I know anything about any of this, but I know absolutely nothing. 

'I'll text you the details once you get there. Make sure they know who they're working with.' Rio continues as he tries to get them to leave. 

'What's going on?' I ask curiously, hoping that he'll finally look at me again. 

Hoping that he'll let me in again. 

Because ever since he found out about the kiss a few days ago, he has been shutting me out again. 

More than ever before. 

'Nothing.' He replies coldly, not even looking at me as he reaches for his phone. 

I get up from the couch, making sure that Celine is holding her son before I make my way over to Rafael. 

'Why do they have to talk to the police department in Spain?' He inhales slowly before turning his whole body towards me. 

But he's not looking at me. 

He's looking at everyone else instead. 

As if they asked the question. 

'They need to deal with them.' He says and nothing more. 

'What's going on?' I ask curiously, waiting for him to look at me. 

 'Everything's fine, don't worry.' He replies as he brushes past me, 'I'll be in my office.' Like always...

I keep my eyes on him, wishing to catch a glimpse of him looking at me. But he doesn't. 

Of course he doesn't. 

'Give him time.' Celine says, patting the place I was sitting in a few seconds ago, 'He has a lot to deal with right now.' 

'He has been avoiding her for over a week though...' Veah says as she plays with a cooing Leroy. 'And I still have not been able to tell him what happened.' Because he won't let me explain... 

They both look at me with pitiful looks in their eyes and I don't know how to feel about it. 

'Go and talk to him.' Veah says when we all go quiet for a while.