sixty one - "I'm fine"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

The crowd around me made me unable to breathe as I struggled with thoughts.

Amelia walked around with her hand on her swollen belly as she cried on her friend's shoulder while everyone walked into the church.

The blood, Tylers blood on my hands doesn't leave my mind for even a second. The whole shooting scene is playing in my head over and over again and I can't believe he's dead because of me.

His baby...

I can't breathe.

The shot was meant for me but he took the bullet.

Cody and Elijah were here too, since they knew Tyler just like me. We were all good friends. Gray couldn't be here because of his mother. She never liked Tyler's family...

"Sarg? You fine bro?" I heard Cody beside me as everyone sat around in church and I tried breathing in as much air as I could, "I'm fine" I heard myself say as I looked around for Willow.

"Hey" I heard the angelic voice as she sat down beside me, "Thank god you're here, I wouldn't be able to survive this without you here" I said and Willow put her head on my shoulder as she whispered things to me that made me feel so much better. Thank god I have someone like Willow. I wouldn't be able to get through this without her.

"Everything's going to be alright. Don't blame yourself" Willow whispered and I nodded my head.

I looked around and spotted Amelia and my heart broke. Their baby will be born and live without a father...

Fuck.

This is fucked up.

──────────────────────────────────────────

W I L L O W

As soon as my phone rang around late night and I saw Sargents name flash on the screen my heart was pounding.

I was ready to hear that something had happened to him or that he had done something to himself because he found out about me leaving.

"W-willow something bad happened. M-my friend he was shot dead" was all I heard when I picked the phone up and I was running out of the house in  panic.

The funeral was a mess. The girl, Amelia, doesn't leave my thoughts. The way she was crying after her loved one and the thought of her baby being born without a father broke my heart.

I can't believe what my fucking issues lead to. A life is taken, a girl is left without her lover and a baby is left without a father.

All because of that bastard Lucca. I know he's behind this. He found out about Sargent and wants to kill him. And last night he failed.