| 22 |

| 22 |

| Z A Y N |

The journey from London to New York was long, but that made it all the more better. I finally found the one piece of the puzzle that had been missing, the last piece on the chessboard.

Checkmate.

Tracking Angelica down wasn't all that hard, as much as she would like to make it seem. She always seemed to like the chase.

I'm sure you're wondering how we've ended up at this point. With me randomly showing up at her apartment after a few years, looking for her. It's simple really, she was never meant to leave without me in the first place.

Her dead beat ex boyfriend was still knocking about, drunk off his ass most nights, crying about how much he missed Angelica, how she left him in the dark and how he never did anything wrong to her.

I beg to differ, one inch wonder.

You're also probably wondering how I know our lovely little Angelica Michaels, and don't worry, we (unfortunately) never slept together. She's surprisingly very loyal when in a relationship, even when tied down to a cheating dickhead.

As much as she probably wouldn't like to admit it, we used to be very close. She knows my secrets and I know hers, like how it had been her life long dream to live in New York. But with every friendship, comes betrayal.

Though her sweet little personality was real, she wasn't all that innocent. And yes I'm well aware about her little stunt at joining The Vipers.

Has no one wondered why it was so sudden? How she just willingly agreed despite not knowing the group for long at all? She was too trusting, desperately trying to grasp on to any form of connection she could, because she never got that growing up.

Now I'm not saying anyone sent Angelica there, oh no. But I'm also not saying she hadn't been in that environment before.

I miraculously happened to bump into one of the gangs minions on my first day in New York, totally by accident. My inability to stay out of peoples business resulted in me overhearing a phone call about a girl named Angelica who had taken the interest of a certain gang leader.

After following them back to their estate, I caught glimpse of Angelica leaving with the man who had curly long hair.

Bingo.

I totally didn't rent a van and sleep inside it, only moving when she did. You call it stalking, I call it obtaining information.