~7~

March 3rd, 2015

Darsh's pov:

"You have to believe me! She rolled her eyes at me when I kissed you", she said glaring at my dog. I am trying so hard not to snort at her silly complaining, as she sat on my lap hugging me.

I never thought I would be this eager and patient, listening to everything that she talks about. Because I hated listening to people blabbering. I still do except for her.

I look uninterested when she says anything but, I listen to every word that comes out of her. I still remember the first time I saw her, eyes twinkling with a little drool on the left which made me laugh.

She tries to be the best actor but fails miserably and gets caught for every silly prank she played on girls that neared my shadow.

This crazy girlfriend of mine stalked me from the day I met her. She used to have my whole schedule for the week. From the shirt, I am going to wear to what I am craving to eat she knew everything. It never freaked me out, instead made me feel like the luckiest ass in the world to have someone who knows me in and out.

She thinks that I don't know about all her stalking skills. Because I always acted indifferent even when I knew she is the one who threw a mixture of paint and glue on Ashu when she tried to kiss me.

She was not all that clever at being anonymous when she left my favourite manga or the cricket bat signed by Dhoni in front of my door. She put an A on every gift she left, as a signature.

I don't know what stopped her from asking me out. So, I did it myself. What she didn't know is, the attraction is two ways. I gave in. I gave in to her excellent acting and stalking skills.

"What are you thinking about", she asked me as I was going through memory lane. "Nothing", I said pecking her on the lips. "Have you packed everything?" I asked.

"Oh! I almost forgot I need to buy a new charger", she said getting up from my lap. I tightened my grip on her waist not ready to let go yet. "Someone will have the same charger as you, but we may not get to be alone for the whole week Ava...", I tried to convince her rolling my lips down her neck stopping at her weak spot, to get a reaction I want. And I got one when she arched her back. I smirked along her neck continuing to kiss her.

Before it turned out into a full on make out session I was hoping for. Someone rang the bell. Damn! everyone is right around the corner to interrupt. I hope it's not my parents, I don't want Ava to play hide and seek.

I didn't even open the door halfway, my cousin barged in shouting, "Ava, emergency! Come with me now.", Priti dragged confused Ava out while I promised to get the charger before morning.

Fu*k, why is it so hard for people to leave us alone? I thought grabbing my car keys to get to the nearest store.

                          •_____•

I was driving back with the new charger, it was past 10 pm which was closing time in the town.

It would take me about 6 minutes, to reach home. And, my phone started ringing. I tried to lift the call taking my eyes off the road for a second.

My eyes went wide and my heart fell to the pit of my stomach. When I looked back at the road, All went haywire as someone all of a sudden jumped before my car! I stepped on breaks and the car came to a sudden halt. My heart was pounding as I tried to remove my seatbelt with my shaking hands.

"What the hell?!", My brain just stopped working when I got out and saw Kyra bleeding. I was stuck in my place, what in the hell is this?

I went to her as the senses kicked in "Kyra!? Kyra!", I tried waking her slapping lightly on her cheek. I panicked even more when she didn't respond. I checked if she was breathing and thank god she is.

I took her to the hospital and called everyone. I had a hard time explaining what happened to the police and our families while Kyra was being treated.

I felt suffocated as they interrogated me nonstop. I am still shocked and couldn't explain how she came out of nowhere and how she had stabbing wounds from a car accident as the police took a statement.

We sat in the waiting area, I gripped my hair tight in fists as others had the same grim expressions. Especially Virin who was gripping Abhi tight not to break down. I couldn't say it will be okay when I was partly responsible for his pain. Her mom was crying so hard, her father didn't stop glaring at me.

I couldn't take it anymore and stood up to go out of the hospital. Abhi nodded understanding what I am about to do. I nodded back and went out.

We were supposed to be packing right now. Tomorrow by this time we would have been playing some stupid games with a bonfire. Now, everything changed in just an hour.

I could feel my heart getting heavy as I sat on the bench outside the hospital. "Darsh", came a voice I was craving for. I ran to her hugging her tight as my life depended on it.

"Ava, I... I ", I tried to explain. I don't know what to say except for that. I am scared that she will give the same expression as Kyra's family members.

She gripped me back and cried nonstop hiccuping. I was so stuck on everybody's accusing glares and forgot what she might be going through. She needed me as much as I needed her. I tried to calm her as she cried. I was planning on telling her and the others about the stab wound on Kyra before the accident but, I didn't want to stress her more as she is already shaken up.

We went to the ICU. My mom came running and had a mini panic attack until I told her that the blood on my shirt is not mine. Everyone was freaking out, as they tried to lean on the wall behind.

The doctor came out and we all went and surrounded him in a hurry like a mob. "As she was stabbed twice in the stomach", everyone gasped and I didn't miss their confused expressions towards me. I told the police but, nobody other than them heard me past the sentence 'she came in front of my car out of nowhere'. Before, they started panicking.

We heard as the doctor continued "She lost lots of blood but no vital organs were damaged except for a concussion. She is out of danger, for now. We cannot be sure before she is conscious. She will be under observation for 24hours".

                           •_____•

It took her 37 hours to wake up. After examining her they shifted her to the general ward. She needs bed rest for 3 weeks before she gets discharged.

Everyone had so many questions but we waited until the police took her statement. And according to her statement, all she remembers is walking to Priti's home when someone placed a cloth on her nose. She does not remember anything after she passed out.

But before she passed out she grabbed something that belonged to the stranger. My blood ran cold when the police showed me the keychain with D on it.

They asked if we ever saw it. Virin looked at me with disbelief and Ava gasped. They both knew it belonged to me as they went to buy it together.

Really? Can this get any worse than this?

                        ---------***----------