~50~

Play the music 👆 if you like it or any other sad music to feel the chapter more.

No POV:

"Nadiya!", Abhi shouted searching for his keys. "Let me guess you can't find something again?", she rolled her eyes walking in. "Nadiya I need to pick up Ava and Arun from their hiking. Please find my keys and don't tell mom anything", he tied his shoelace in a hurry.

"Bring Ava too. I am making Biryani, Arun said he'll introduce me to Sharon today", She smiled excited to meet her son's girlfriend. "Someone can't stop smiling", Abhi lifted his brows up and down as Nadiya shook her head giving him the keys.

"I can't wait to see how'll react watching Arun lick the path she walks on", Abhi chuckled remembering them. "Just like you with Ava?", it was her time to do the brow lifts. "Can't deny that", he said grabbing his watch.

"Now that your engagement with Kyra is broken. You should not drag this out anymore. Bring Ava home forever", They both looked at Abhi's mom who walked in. Abhi's eyes instantly went to the tiny velvet box on the dressing table. "I can't wait for that too ma. I am doing it tonight", His eyes sparkled with a small smile on his face, imagining how excited his Ava will be.

Everyone in the room is thrilled and couldn't wait to open a new chapter in their lives tonight. "Okay go, and get them home fast go!", Abhi hugged both women heading out in a hurry.

•_____•

Hey! This is Ava, please leave a message after the tone! Abhi heard the same auto-tune again as his heart dropped with an unsettling feeling. He quickly dismissed it as a signal problem on the hill and drove fast calling Priti.

•______•

"CALL THE POLICE!! EVERYONE STAY BACK! THIS IS A BEAR ACTIVE ZONE PLEASE!", Neerja, in-charge of the group shoved the group to stay back as she took her walkie-talkie. "Emergency! Two people have been s-shot and we need help as soon as possible!". She was breathing hard looking around scared watching for any danger.

•______•

"Yeah Abhi", Priti picked up Abhi's call huffing and puffing trying to find Ava in a hurry. "Priti, Is Ava with you?", she bit her lip thinking of an excuse. Virin looked at her concerned asking what was wrong. 'Shit! If only I followed her as for plan!', "Yeah, she was here and then they made us play something..", she tried to explain as a kid ran to them shouting.

"Dude some people have been shot!!! And they are trying to get...", Priti's world went still as she dropped her phone and ran towards the direction that kid came from as Virin followed her.

•_____•

"Your other friends are fine?", the in-charge asked her eyes tensed to even touch Priti who stood beside Arun and Sharon. She just stared at them trying to remember how to breathe as her tears flowed non-stop.

"Priti! That's A-Ava's bag", Kyra pointed out as Virin ran to the bag picking up her phone which was covered with blood. Priti couldn't hold it anymore as she whimpered watching Ava's belongings. She fell to the ground on her knees choking on her tears.

"Search for her!", she shouted running everywhere as Kyra went towards Sharon and Arun closing their eyes, covering them with her jacket as she couldn't find it in her heart to stay strong watching their clutching hands. She closed her eyes trying to get her head around what was happening. No one deserves this.

"Oh! Thank God! They are here!", Neerja cried out in relief as Kyra opened her eyes and looked up, her hands quivered a little anticipating what was about to happen as Abhi jumped out of the jeep along with med.

He cleared the group and pushed in looking everywhere until his eyes fell on Arun and Sharon.

•_____•

"Priti! We can't go any further into the forest. Please. We'll come back for them with some support, now is not the time", Virin stopped Priti by her shoulder as she sobbed in his arms. "It's my fault! I shouldn't have sent her with him! Knowing what kind of a person he is! Virin I can never forgive myself for this! I am the reason two innocent people are dead", he just comforted her as his brows furrowed in confusion.

•______•

"Meera mam! Abhi is here. That means Arun and his girlfriend too!", Nadiya giggled like a little girl going out. "Nadiya wait! I don't wanna miss out!", Abhi's mum came behind.

Both women's smiles turned into confusion as an Ambulance came into their driveway. Meera's soul left her body as she saw her son come out of the Ambulance with blood on his clothes. They both ran to him frantically, asking if he was fine and checking his hands and face.

"Abhi!", His mom shook him, as he just stood there immobile. He finally looked at Nadiya with bloodshot eyes as his eyes moistened all over again. "What's wrong?", She asked trying to calm herself. "What is the Ambulance doing here? Talk Abhi! Who is hurt?!", His mom shouted.

"Where is A-Arun? Where is my son?!", Abhi's tears slid out of his eyes as Nadiya asked him finally. He moved to the side and opened the Ambulance door completely.

Abhi's mom gagged closing her mouth as Nadiya screamed out of agony and shock. Her hands trembled at her sides as she saw her son's lifeless body on the stretcher. "N-No, A-Abhi! No, this is not happening", Nadiya denied going back away from the Ambulance. "He is fine! Stop this joke! I saw him just this morning. He was supposed to introduce me to his love. Abhi! Tell him to stop these p-pranks or I will kill him myself", Nadiya blabbered looking at Meera who was trying to calm her down.

Abhi lifted Arun's lifeless body into his hands moving closer to Nadiya and setting him down kneeling before her. "NO! NO!", She dropped down yelling for him to get up. Her whole body shook violently as she wailed touching his face gently to not hurt him.

•_____•

"Akash. Ava is not picking up her phone and none of her friends picking up either", Saavi caught her forehead with stress as she spoke to her husband walking into the kitchen to get some water.

"Don't worry she'll be fine. Here your sister is calling you", He handed her the phone switching between the channels. She rolled her eyes at his nonchalant behavior and picked up the call.

Akash stood up going behind her placing his hand on her shoulder as she gasped holding a table. She hung up the call and moved to the door in a trance grabbing her keys. "What's going on?!", Akash ran behind her.

"Saavi! Tell me something, why are you crying?", he fastened his seatbelt as she drove off. "Sharon. My niece's sister-in-law is dead", she finished increasing the speed as Akash looked at her skeptically.

"I don't understand why are you this shaken up?", he understands a death can bring pain but her situation is about something else. "Goddammit! She is Ava's friend and they went to that hiking together Akash!", she shouted.

                            •_____•

"Yes, we found your daughter's belongings her friends confirmed it but we cannot hand them over as the investigation is still going on and we need to confirm the blood samples we found on them. Moreover, Ms. Ava and Mr. Darsh are prime suspects in this case. Trust us we need to find them more than you", the police finished as Saavi looked at Darsh's mom in disgust.

                               *~~~~*

Haaaaa! *imagine leaning back on the couch* guess I covered everyone's reaction before we jump to the main reaction, Abhi. Yup, he will go on a rampage and turn the world upside down until he finds her😑.

I can't wait to write that! 🤞. See you next time. And please do tell me what's going on in those sweet brains. I need to know if you guys are liking it so far.

Last but not least 32K READS?! REALLY?! 🥹. I can't tell you in words how immensely happy you guys make me 🫰😩. Love you all ♥️.