~18~

Ava's pov:

"Ma! We still have time, let me just wear a chudidar. God will not hate me if I don't go in saree", I requested as she tried to rearrange it for the millionth time! "God will not but Meera aunty will flip out. She requested to see you in saree for once", she said adamantly flattening the slight wrinkle. I am not sure it's just Abhi's mom who is most willing to see me in the saree Because my mom behaved like it's my first day of school all over again while putting on the saree.

"Okay, Ava I know you are not a fan of traditional pujas but please don't sleep. If you feel sleepy go somewhere else, like they have 15 rooms in that house! Don't snore in the middle of it like last time", she reprimanded me like I was a kid as she drove us to Abhi's home.

I just sat quietly because she will continue for hours. "Say namaste to everyone", she mumbled one last time when we entered their home before she left with a huge smile greeting someone.

I searched for Abhi in the big hall between the people walking around. "You trying to kill me or something?", I jumped from surprise as he came from behind. God this single comment is worth all that torture.

"Are you blushing?", he smirked. "Huh! You wish", I said leaving from there sitting behind the people who were already immersed in worship.

I was biting my lip from smiling when he sat beside me. He was still looking at me nonstop! I turned to look at him as the intense look he had made me skip a beat.

Ava be brave and break the eye contact come on. Why is it so hot even with the central AC? I squirmed when I felt his fingertips brush from my arm to palm lacing his fingers through mine. God someone stop this stupid heart from coming out. I may have to visit a doctor if this goes on.

"Abhi! Here you are. This monster is demanding to take her to you. Can you look after her? ", Came Abhi's cousin giving her daughter to him. "Hi ava", she said leaving as we both smiled at her.

"Hi, Riya", I greeted the 5-year-old as she clung to Abhi. She just turned her head into his chest and ignored me which made him laugh out. I glared at Abhi crossing my arms looking forward.

Not even twenty minutes passed my eyes were already giving up. Maybe a five-minute nap will do. I leaned onto Abhi putting my head on his shoulder. Within a second someone pushed my head away making my head fall from his shoulder jolting me out of sleep. What the?!

I turned to the 5-year-old culprit frowning at me. Are you kidding me! I scoffed and Abhi snorted at this.
"Okay, this is interesting", I mumbled before I clutched his bicep with my hands leaning onto him again and I stuck my tongue at her like a kid.

Her frown deepened and began pushing me with one hand and closed the other hand into a fist. We were chuckling at her territorial behaviour when she ultimately opened her fist, noticing I wouldn't budge with a little pushing.

Oh no! Is that chocolate on her palm? I was going back to save my saree from the melted chocolate but, not before she rubbed it on me from my left cheek to neck then shoulder, and my saree! I shrieked out as she rubbed it into me. Shit! mom will kill me!

This caught the attention of the kid's mom and she came running apologising to us but, the little girl was still scowling at me. This is so funny. Until my mom finds out about the stain.

"I am so sorry Ava", Abhi's cousin apologised. "Oh, It's nothing. I'll just clean it off", I smiled and got up to go upstairs. "I'll come with you", said Abhi making me raise a brow in questioning. He pointed to his shirt and it was stained too.

Once in the washroom. I started rubbing off the stain with a wet tissue. Abhi came in and just kept his hand under the tap. "I am sure this is not the only washroom there is", I gave him a side glance, "just came to help Ava", he said putting down the tissue box.

"Someone is a fan I see", I said furiously rubbed the chocolate off of my saree. "Why not", he shrugged smirking. Huh, he and his ego.

"What are you doing?", I asked stopping what I was doing when I noticed him remove his shirt and his toned chest and abs were on display. God, Is he planning to give me a heart attack?

"Does this bother you, Ava?", he asked throwing the shirt into the laundry. "In y-your dreams", I stuttered as he came forward. "Yeah? If this doesn't affect you, I don't see a problem", he said and I backed away until I felt a wall behind me. Perfect timing wall.

"Why are you moving away if it doesn't bother you in anyway?", he asked trapping me with his hands on the wall. "It's just... instinct, Yes instinct", I said more to myself.

"Oh, why don't we test your theory?", he said before he licked the chocolate on my face! I swear my heart leapt out and my eyes turned to saucers. "You sure I still don't bother you?", he mumbled. I just bit my lip to come back to senses.

"N..no", I breathed out still not accepting. He came forward again and I moaned out loud closing my eyes clutching his soft hair as he ate the chocolate off my neck. It left me breathless and I opened my mouth in shock. I trembled from the sensation as he sucked and bit my skin. He is killing me!

"Any change of answer?", he murmured with his lips moving on my skin. I was breathing hard, my eyes half-closed as he lifted his head looking at me with a smug look. Bastard!

"Still a no", I mumbled between my shallow breaths, to which he laughed out. "Then why are you breathing like you just ran a marathon?"

Argh! I clutched his head in my palms and kissed him. I bit his bottom lip hard and pushed him away. It was now my turn to smirk. It didn't last long as he grabbed me by my bare waist and I was pressed against his naked chest. I looked into his eyes as his warm brown eyes turned fierce.

He pulled me into a much more aggressive kiss slamming me into the wall and I almost whimpered while my hands went around his neck automatically.

He sucked my bottom lip into his mouth. My legs were wobbling like a leaf. His kisses trailed down my neck leaving open-mouthed wet kisses cleaning up the chocolate off my neck and shoulder. My blood was pumping at a new level, I just pushed his head into me more.

We were both breathing hard when he touched his forehead with mine. We looked into each other eyes and started laughing. His swollen lips came down mine once again giving me another head-spinning kiss.

He then left me abruptly turning around and I had a hard time balancing myself. "Ava, as much as I love to see you in that saree. Leave before I take it off you". My heart raced even more if possible, and blood rushed to my face.

That was all I needed to regain my balance to reach the door. Before I could open it, his hand stopped me before I felt his presence on my back. "So, can I consider this our first official day? I have waited, my whole life for this. I don't want to waste even a single day", he asked and I just nodded smiling like an idiot.

He then moved away, I ran out of the room with a goofy smile. My mom met me halfway through while I was running down the stairs. She thought I went to sleep in one of the rooms and didn't spare me a second glance and said it's time to leave. I am still panting.

~~~***~~~