~64~

Ava's Pov:

"Ava, what did he say?", My mom asked me as I got out of my room. "Ma, Sara barely recovered concentrate on your granddaughter please", I went to the fridge dodging her. My parents are panicking more than me. Knowing them, Understandable.

"I love my Sara and I know she is better now. Don't divert this. It's been a day since you told him. Why is he taking time if he is not thinking otherwise?", I rolled my eyes and sat down on the stool by the counter in the kitchen drinking some water.

"It's been 19 hours and most of it was night. Let him think Ma, it's a big decision on anyone. You swore to not look at him again, before Sara happened or should I remind you the exact dialogue", I said peacefully when I am nowhere near that. This is what bothers me. I don't want them to accept Abhi because of Sara. I want them to look at him as he is.

"Ava, what if he decides to not come back to you?", my dad came in asking me. "It's Abhi Pa, I didn't tell him for my reasons. But, I always knew he would accept in the blink of an eye. Even if he doesn't, he has a right to choose. After all, I left him and never told him what he deserved to know. Oh, let's not forget the way you treat Meera Aunty now", I attempted to explain when I too am questioning everything.

"Blink of an eye? I don't see him anywhere", I sighed grabbing my forehead. "It's not my intention to add more to your plate Ava. If you are giving him the choice of being with you or choosing someone else. You need to be given choices to choose from too. It's like you will die alone if it's not Abhi", I pursed my lips. "When did I say that Pa?", I asked squinting my eyes.

"You don't have to say it your actions speak louder, you don't date anyone. And when we set you up with someone you scare them away. This way you'll die alone if it's not him. And that's disturbing us a lot. You and Sara are at the Mercy of his decision. I don't like that", I caught my dad's hand.

Even though I trust Abhi completely. I don't want to stress my parents more. They don't know the talk, Abhi and I had before he found out about Sara. From their point of view, Abhi Just said hi during the get-together last week and that was it. Now they know I told him the truth yesterday. Nothing else in between. I get where they are coming from. They are scared that I might be rejected.

"Pa, we are not at Mercy here. What do you want me to do, to prove that you are mistaken?", my dad looked at ease with my question.
"You'll do anything to show us that we are wrong?", I nodded. At least they'll be relaxed a little. I am almost fainting with the strain on my brain. He didn't even try to contact me since yesterday. I am clinging to hope.

"Ava, I know this is the worst time. But, we are your parents and we think about your happiness all the time. Before you came here. We thought of setting you up with my friend's son. He knows about Sara and your past. He was invited to Virin and Priti's celebration the other day and saw you there. He is willing to meet you. I want you to give him one hour of your time", I looked at them like they are crazy. Typical Indian parents!

"See, this is what I am telling you Saavi. She'll never understand our concern", My dad lifted his hands. "Ma! It's ridiculous! So what if someone doesn't want me? Can't I live alone? I have got my job and you earn good too Dad. I am your only child and Sara will be my only child. I don't see a problem", I got up. Enough of this!

"So much for proving us wrong", My dad mumbled. "What's this Pa, I am exhausted", I frowned at them. "Give this a try. Just one hour".

                              •______•

"I am Shiv", I shook hands and moved to sit at the table. He pulled my chair for me. Oh, the manners. I don't even know what I am doing here. I know the drill, be rude, and if he still tries, show him a picture. We were at this cafe, I visited tons of times with my friends. I know everyone who works here. If nothing works. I'll create a scene that, he tried to threaten me or something.