~44~

Third person's pov:

"So, tell me Kailash who is our son? What were you threatening him about?", Abhi's mom asked her voice void of emotions. She was hurt, he humiliated her best friend and she couldn't do anything to make them not leave. "We both know what I was implying to", he replied venomously with an accusing tone looking at Abhi.

"Oh, you both know who I am? Please enlighten me", Abhi asked crossing his arms. "You of all should know what you did!" before Kailash could continue. "I didn't fucking KILL PEOPLE DAD!", Abhi shouted fisting his hands. Though his eyes showed anger most of all they displayed hurt and pain from the disgust his father had.

"I intimidated Darsh's dad Amar Narayan with your help to destroy his business if he didn't move. But, I have nothing to do with him dying and I don't have to prove this because you should trust your son more than baseless claims by other people", Kailash just looked at Abhi.

"Well, I would have trusted you if Kyra's kidnapper didn't take your name. I would've trusted you if you didn't almost kill three people by decapitating their body parts for Ava. Look at yourself claiming to not kill people when you have done worse", Kailash came closer meeting eye-to-eye with Abhi. "You have manipulated a girl to love you by taking her love of life away from her! You are just obsessed with the girl nothing more.", Abhi's fist was ready to destroy something with rage as he maintained his cool smiling through defeat.

"You know what? Whatever I say you want to believe the story you made up. You just want me to choose your choice over mom's choice. I don't care about your petty arranged marriages. I
Love Ava and those three people you are claiming that I decapitated tried to rape her! They would be dead if I was the person you are accusing me of", Abhi left giving one final glance towards his mom.

"You wanna play a blame game and blackmail him?", Abhi's mom asked her husband. "At least you stop this drama for the day Meera. You wouldn't pay those criminals to shut their mouths if you believed your son", Meera just looked away as she couldn't argue anymore because of her mistake. 'I should've trusted my son more' she thought to herself.

                               •______•

Ava's pov: 2 days later

Breath in Breath out. Breath in Breath out. I rubbed my shoulders to stop the goosebumps. I sat in the park near the cemetery I don't even know what I am doing here. Once I came home from Abhi's my mom went into her room and locked it, it's been two days since she spoke to anyone. I could see she is broken and needed some time after how Kailash uncle whom she considers family spoke to her.

I closed my eyes as Priti's words taunted me. "You don't have to do this Ava", I need to, I thought to myself and looked into the files more. "The suspect from Kyra's kidnap and Darsh's dad's death both died in jail suspiciously right after their families accepted money from Abhi's mum's trust".

"I have no solid proof to prove anything because Abhi's mom helped so many criminal families that these two cases would be covered with a flick. One more thing you remember the attack on you by some guys inside your college", I nodded as I grabbed the file tight in my hands.

"Open the other file", Priti pointed. "They are not handicapped people who are getting help from Meera Aunty", she explained as I looked at this picture where Abhi's mom was posing to a picture helping 3 people whose limbs were missing. "I know", I choked out closing it. "They were the people who attacked me".

I think I have an idea of Abhi's love for me. He loves me so much and can do anything for me but, killing people? He is not that person. Is he?

No Ava, he can never kill people. 'Why don't you just sneak into his room and prove Priti wrong?' I pushed the voice away gazing at his house which was at the end of the street. No, I trust him. 'If you trust him so much why are you even here in a cemetery waiting for the lights to go off in his house?', my logical side chimed in as I got up when the porch light went off.