~11~

March 13th, 2015

Ava's pov:

"You stay right here. Don't pull any other stunt, I'll be back in 10 mins", said my mom leaving me with Kyra and Priti in the hospital room. I nodded keeping my head down. I tried to look as innocent as possible till she left.

I released my breath and sat comfortably on the couch at the end.
"Omg, I am eloping with Darsh. Final!", I cried out leaning back.

Kyra snorted while Priti gave me are you serious look. "What? I am serious. Get ready to be an aunt Priti", I said looking serious. "Gosh, stop it. Your mom will through you out the window if she heard you."

"It wouldn't be worse than her lecture", I said rolling my eyes. "It's been a week since I saw him. She even took my phone when she caught me coming back after I met Darsh that night", I felt helpless and exhausted mentally.

"Umm, I am not saying that it's nothing. But, it's better than getting stabbed by a psycho", said Kyra. I felt sorry for her and I am glad that they finally caught the criminal who kidnapped and almost threw her before a car.

That bastard got traced out when they checked who wiped the CCTV of the parking lot. Turns out it was the security guard of our apartment. He tried covering up his son, Who did this to Kyra.

When they asked him for the motive. That fucking psycho said it was her mistake! He said she was not supposed to reject him repeatedly when he asked her out. God, It gives me chills to even think of people like that.

That junkie was not going to let her live when he took her into the woods, right beside the road. He was digging a hole to bury her alive after stabbing her twice! I don't know which god to thank as she miraculously ran onto the road even under influence of drugs and pain. Strangely she doesn't remember anything about that. But, that's what happened according to the bastard's statement.

It took time to track him down as he cleaned every drop of blood from the trail it formed from the half dug, closed-hole to the road as she ran. He didn't leave any traces.

The keychain part was a misunderstanding from Kyra, as she only remembers getting kidnapped and thought she might have grabbed it then. Finally, all that matters is, she is safe.

"I am sorry", I said looking at her concerned. "Hey, it's alright I don't remember anything except for a cloth on my nose, I was trying to make you comfortable in my weird way", she gave a pained smile.

"That's what is weird. How could you not remember anything when you ran onto the road", said Priti who still didn't agree with the whole story that the police said.

"They said it's normal to forget what happened under the influence of drugs", explained Kyra frowning a bit.

We have contemplated on what happened and finally agreed to not be Sherlock holmes and move on. Because there was no other possible suspect we could think of.

"Ava, can you help me sit", asked Kyra. I went to help her and as I was doing so, she grabbed my ear and twisted it in the most painful way possible. "Ahh! Aw! Aw! Aw! What the hell?!", I yelped trying to get free.

"Why am I the one who was left out when Priti knew all about your relationship?", she deadpanned not even budging when I tried to hit on the hand she trapped my ear with. I never got to explain to her before this. Because this was the first time I am with her alone in the room without my mom's hawking eye observing my every move.

"We told no one, Kyra. She caught us!", I cried out. "Please I will tell you everything from the beginning if you let me go", I finally offered.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL THAT WAS?!", I shouted as soon as she released my ear. "You haven't started explaining yet", was all she said.

I backed away and gave Priti a stink eye as she looked amused about the whole thing. "It started last summer", I said as a swarm of questions and glaring came my way. I explained everything till 'the never leave me part' and getting caught after that.

"Wow, I cannot believe you have been hiding this for a year. So much for best friends", said Kyra. "You know, she would have never told me, if I didn't find it out myself", added Priti.

"Guys, I am sorry alright. I don't have any explanation for that. But, can you help me now?", I asked giving my best desperate look. "Alright, what was the help you needed?", asked Kyra.

"There is something my mom is not telling me.", I explained everything and said that I wanted to know what caused my mom to react the way she did in the hospital with Tara aunty.

"Okay, I have got an idea. But, I don't know if it will work out", said Kyra.
"Just tell me what it is. Anything is better than nothing", I asked her. "So, they are still at the canteen. I think I could play the sick card with my mom and get her to talk to your mom", she offered.

"Amazing! Go on", I said excitedly moving closer to the bed. We three sat on the bed together as the phone rang. "Kyra, do you need something?", Kyra's mom Swathi asked worried right after lifting the call.

"No no ma, I mean yes", she said coughing a bit. Oh, come on! Come to the point, I mouthed. Wait! She mouthed back. "Mummy, please... can you do me a favour?", she asked whining and pouting a bit. Yes, this is how we beg. Go! "Stop whining. What is it?", her mom asked back.

"Can you talk to Savi aunty? Like, ask her why she is reacting this way, While we are on the phone. Please ma this is the last time, I will ever bother you please, please", good going!

We didn't hear anything after that for a minute except for shuffling. "What happened Savi? Why aren't you having the coffee? And why are your frown lines more prominent these days?", came a voice, plan on!

"Don't even talk about it Swathi. I am already stressed, as it is", said my mom. "Oh! Spill it already! I know something is going on between you and Tara", exclaimed Swathi aunty.

"Okay, first, tell me you will not judge me or tell anyone about this. Especially the kids. I need Ava out of this for the time being", started my mom. We got closer to the phone as Swathi agreed to not tell anyone.

"You remember we planned Ava's 18th birthday party huge this year?" Yeah, what about it. "We were planning on getting her engaged with Abhi", I gasped from the shock of it. WHAT!?

"What the hell? Are you kidding me? She is just a kid! What were you thinking Savi?!", shouted Swathi.
"What happened to not judging? Believe me, I thought it's a win-win for everyone! My husband wanted to get acquainted with a rich family. And I wanted my kindergarten friend as Ava's in law. I thought Abhi and Ava liked each other!", explained my mom.

I started laughing like rolling on the floor and tears coming out while Priti and Kyra scowled at me. "Have you gone mad?" They asked, what? I tried to pinch myself and stopped laughing.

"This is not a dream and most definitely not a joke I see", I said looking out the window. "Yeah, now I got it! We time travelled back into the 19th century right?", I blabbered as Priti whispered, "shh. They are still on the phone".

"Cut the call. Just cut it, I cannot listen to that woman!", I let out irritated to even listen to them any more than that.

But what she said further stopped us, "You know Tara knew all about our plan. But, she still turned a blind eye when she knew about Ava and Darsh! Like how could she? What..", I grabbed the phone and threw it, aside on the bed cutting the call.

"What the heck! Ava, this is child marriage bro!", shouted Priti. "She said engagement, not marriage", blurted out Kyra looking depressed.

"Whatever it is. I am going to cause a rampage when we get out of this hospital!!", I shouted finally anger creeping in.

------****------