~8~

March 6th, 2015

Ava's pov:

"Ava, we are concerned too but, Kyra is alright now and they are investigating the case. Just eat, It's been a day since you ate anything.", Abhi tried to make me eat for the hundredth time now.

It's not like I am on a hunger strike. It's just that it all happened in just a blink of an eye. From being immature teenagers to victims and suspects.

They took Darsh for investigation. It's all too much to digest and whenever I tried taking a bite it comes out.

I have been sitting outside the hospital room for more than an hour staring at the wall since they took him.

Darsh's parents went to talk to their lawyer. Virin and his family sat here with us. My mom is comforting twin's mom.

"I am sorry to bother you further. But, we need to ask some questions regarding the case", a police officer approached Kyra's father. He said that's not a problem.

"If you don't mind I need to talk with Darsh and Kyra's friends", they asked further. For which my mom said there is an opening near the stairs where they can question us, in the presence of parents. They agreed to my overprotective mama's demand and we moved there along with my mom and Virin's dad.

"First of all, we have some questions for Darsh's girlfriend", they said as everyone looked confused. Priti is the only one who knew about our relationship and she went with Darsh's parents. Twins just knew that I have a huge crush on him.

I looked at my confused mom's expression and gulped imagining the killer look when this is over. I know she will kill me for this, but I don't care right now. "That would be me", I said going forward. My mom looked at me baffled, the same as everyone around.

"We can do this personally if you are not comfortable", the officer offered. Well, damage already done sir. "Yes, everyone, please leave me and my daughter alone for the questioning", my mom answered for me. Oh God, she might already be digging a grave for me.

As everyone left they continued to ask me, "Were you with Darsh the night Kyra got kidnapped?". My mom gripped my hand painfully which would leave marks.

"Yes", I replied. "Can you tell us the exact time and if there was anyone else with you?", they asked looking warily at my mom who is fuming right now. "From 6 to 10 in the evening. His parents were out for dinner", I said and I wish I will be alive after these questions.

"Mam, we were just confirming that he was at home when Kyra got kidnapped", they explained to my mom, when she asked, why these absurd questions?

Right after they left she gripped my hand so tight, I couldn't feel my hand as she dragged me while saying "You have a lot of explanation to do. We are going home now!"

We could see Darsh's parents talking to Kyra's family while we crossed Kyra's hospital room. "Ava! Tell them that he was with you all the time when this happened", asked Darsh's mom Tara, pointing at Virin and his parents.

"Enough! She already gave the statement. Don't do the publicity of your son trapping my daughter, just to save him from another cheap stunt of his", my mom yelled at Tara Aunty. What the hell did she say.

"Mom! He didn't do anything. He was with me the whole time and I was there most willin.." before I could finish she slapped me so hard that I could taste blood.

"Savi! it is not the time for this", said Kyra's mom holding me from the side. I just stood there shocked.

"When is the time, you tell me. Don't you see, her son stooped too low and dragged my daughter with him!", she raised her voice glaring right at Tara aunty.

"Savi! Enough! everybody is ready to blame my son for everything! Will you be accusing in the same way, if it was Abhi", Tara aunty asked mom.
"Abhi would never stoop that low and do that to my daughter", she said. Really? Why are you getting so worked up?

"Who are you accusing of trapping and stooping low? When your daughter is the one who chased after my son until he gave in", Said Tara Aunty. I got another virtual lash. I looked at Priti standing beside her. She shook her head no. If Priti didn't say anything, how did she know?

God, please help me! I can't take it anymore. How could I make them understand? that they are missing the bigger picture here.

"Are you sure it's not the other way around", said mom rolling her eyes.
"Huh, she is not as innocent as you think, maybe you should ask all the girls she had tormented in our colony", how does she even know all of this? And am I missing something? Are they not friends!

"Aunty, as amusing as it is for both you and my mom to blame each other. I hope you two realise that someone out there stabbed Kyra and Darsh is in a police station", I said walking away.

I looked for Abhi and Virin. Abhi is nowhere to be found while Virin gave me a blank look. It hurts to look at his all cheerful face, turned upside down.

"You better keep your son away from my daughter!", my mom said coming after me and it was my turn to roll my eyes. Kids! That's what they are.

---------***---------