~16~

Ava's pov:

I crouched down picking up the same card as every day waiting for me on the terrace. I laughed out loud reading the cringe-worthy quote, 'Have enough courage to trust love one more time'.

I took that down with me and put it in the pile of cards I have received for years. I took out my phone and dialled the ingenious person. "You are getting sappier each day", I said giggling as he lifted the call.

"Well, I don't have to if you have given me chance. It's been years and I am running out of quotes", Said Abhi making me roll my eyes. I paused biting my nail as I didn't know what to say. I don't know if I am ever ready to give a second chance.

"Stop worrying much and get down to the lawn. I took Rocher here for a walk", he said. I looked at her bed and realized she was not there.

"Ok, on my way", I said and went down to the lawn and saw Rocher bouncing happily with her tongue out around Abhi.

"It's beyond me how she likes you so much. She just ignores everyone as bugs looking bored when they pet her. But, with you around she jumps around excited", I said sitting on the bench beside him while he threw a stick and Rocher went to fetch.

"I wish those charms worked on you too", he mumbled to himself but, I didn't miss his words and acted like I didn't hear when Rocher came lunging on to me returning with a stick in her mouth.

I looked at him after a few seconds and I was startled as he was already watching me. We looked into each other's eyes and I wanted to say something when we heard a screechy voice shouting excited, "Abhi! what are you doing here this early?"

"Hey, Ashu. Do I need a reason to come here?", asked Abhi as she laughed at him saying she was just asking. She then made us scootch over as she got her Siberian husky with her sitting with us on the bench.

She started talking about college as she goes to the same one as us but Abhi and she belonged to the same branch. She didn't even spare me a glance and ignored my presence. Not that I cared. I knew she still hated me for throwing the mixture of paint and glue on her when we were kids.

I wished I could do that again when she started laughing about something hitting Abhi on the shoulder playfully, leaning onto him. He moved a little to my side and swung his hand around me creating space between him and her.

"Oh, Ava, It was you all along? I thought some random girl was leeching around him", she said acting surprised. "Yeah, it was me all along. You worry about yourself Ashu. I heard they are repainting our apartment, You see accidents can happen as workers can be clumsy with paint boxes sometimes", I said giving a fake smile as her surprise turned into anger.

We were so occupied glaring at each other, I didn't see when Rocher went from my lap to her. I was confused as to why she got there. "What the?!", Shouted Ashu pushing Rocher onto Abhi. I snorted so loud as I saw a wet patch forming on her legging.

Hah! I knew my dog is as intelligent as me! I was laughing so hard along with Abhi who was trying to suppress his smile biting down his lip. She left giving me a look with her husky which was growling at us.

"I am proud of my girls", said Abhi petting my Rocher. "Come let's have breakfast. Mom just texted that it's ready", I said as we went towards the lift.

"What's with you and her anyway?", he asked as I pressed for the 4th floor.
I smiled before I replied, "I threw a mixture of paint and glue on her when we were kids", I said and he asked why was that?

I pursed my lips before I mumbled, "She tried to kiss Darsh", I wish he missed it. But, I knew he heard me when I heard him sigh leaning back. I tried to say anything that came to my mind but, the lift doors opened distracting me.

I gave up and went out as Rocher ran into my flat. "Ava?", before I turned around completely I was engulfed in a tight hug. His cold lips brushed the back of my ear sending shivers down my spine.

He was hugging me one second and left me stunned and he went inside my home. My skin still tingled everywhere, especially where his lips touched me. I need to say something before I go out of my mind.

~~~***~~~