~62~

Ava's Pov:

"Good morning Pa", I yawned leaning on my dad, Who was busy with a newspaper. He kissed my forehead drawing me into him more as I got comfortable on his shoulder. "What about me?", my mom lifted her hand. She was working in the kitchen making Sunday special breakfast Puri.

"I love you, mummy", I smiled lazily. I was still sleepy. "What about Sara and Varun?", my mom asked. "They are still sleeping", It was a busy day yesterday.

"Okay, as you are already awake eat breakfast and get ready Nana, we need to go shopping. Swathi and Mano already called twice", My mom is ecstatic that her two best friends are going to be relatives through this wedding. Not just their mums even Kyra and Priti will be related wow.

"Mammy!", Sara shouted. I got up from the sofa and ran to my room, she was restless looking around my room half asleep. "Shh, it's okay Sara. You are in my room", I hugged her sleeping on the bed. She still needs to get used to a new place. Roche was already up and licking Sara to comfort her. "I want to go home", She mumbled sleeping on my neck. "We will go home, Panda. Just a few weeks", I patted her back kissing her button nose.

                               •_____•

"How much is this?", the vendor boy gulped with fear as all Aunties tried to scare him. "Still the same mam. No price changes", He stood his ground as I controlled myself from laughing. "Acha, let's buy from some other store then chalo", everyone performed so well that this caught the eye of the manager here.

"Okay, okay mam. You buy whatever you need to we'll give a discount on everything", they all sat back as Kyra snorted. "Oh god, that's why I said I won't come with them", Priti mumbled in my ear embarrassed at our mum's bargaining.

"Leave it, Priti. They are Indian women, it's in their blood", I whispered back. "If you are done biting each other ears. Go and try on these sarees", Priti and I straightened. "Yes mam", I saluted to my mom rolling my eyes. Gosh, they are scary. Poor salesman.

"Isha, beta you like something? I think this one will be good for you", Meera Aunty took a red saree out draping it around her

"Isha, beta you like something? I think this one will be good for you", Meera Aunty took a red saree out draping it around her. "Priti, come here", I dragged her into the same cubical which is big enough for both of us.

"Why is she here?", I whispered just in case. "This past year we became friends over game nights. On one of those nights, I asked her to come. If it bothers you I could just...", I shook my head. "No, no. She seems nice and she knows nothing. I don't want to disrespect her. But, Meera Aunty always loved me. Now watching her do that to Isha is getting me worked up I'll be fine".

We finished draping sarees while talking and went out to pose. Kyra was already being modeled as our judges pointed out what's good and what's not.

"Oh look at the bride you all", Swathi Aunty Twin's mom closed her mouth.

"I can't wait for a month

"I can't wait for a month. Let me get married right now", I looked at the entrance and there stood a dazed Virin. He came straight towards Priti and caught her by the waist leaning in for a kiss.

I slapped him on the forehead taking him away before our moms kill him. "Hold your horses, Sir. Family audiences", I laughed as he sulked. "Abhi come on man help me here", I froze as Virin smirked at my reaction. I turned around and there he was as dashing as ever in a blue shirt.

"Ava! Hold me", I looked down at Sara. She only calls me by my name when she needs attention. I frowned helplessly. I can't even bend with this heavy saree. Kyra and Varun are busy too.

"Man, I am hurt! You were all excited to see me yesterday and you are already ignoring me?", Sara turned around and her distressed look faded into a shy smile right away as she saw Abhi. "Leave your mammy with boring shopping and have fun with me?", She nodded and Abhi took her with him nodding at me.

"This is nice but try a few more Ava", my judges decided as I tried one after the other same as Kyra and Priti. I looked around and saw him playing with my Panda. She laughed heartfully and pushed him as he gasped like he was hurt by her hit. She giggled more as he tickled her.

My mom was setting what I wore as I watched Isha sit with him. I looked away as she joined in playing with them. Abhi had his hand around Isha's shoulder and he caught Sara with the other. Fuck it stings.

                                   •_____•

"Please shop with us again Mam", the manager smiled big helping us with the bags. Sara was still with Abhi. They were busy whispering something and gasping at each other. He looked so hot playing with the little girl.

Our moms went in one car and Varun and Kyra had plans, they left in a separate car. I was forced to sit with Isha as she sat between me and Abhi in the backseat. He was busy shoving Sara. She glared at him folding her little arms once and he lifted his hands in surrender. He shoved her again. "Tch Abhi!", she pouted as her little nose turned red, and he caught his ears as if saying sorry. "That's it I am not your girlfriend anymore", She shouted as he shoved her again.

I lifted my brows with a grin as Priti and Virin laughed from the front of the car. "Don't say that it's just our first day", Abhi caught his heart pulling Sara into a hug. He kissed her cheek continuously until she gave in hugging him back. Mmm, they are so cute! Can I eat them both?

                                 •_____•

Third person's pov:

"Sir, he influenced a few more workers today. He paid them double to stay home", Abhi sighed throwing the pen in his hand onto the table. "What the fuck is this Tom and Jerry fight? Let's talk to him once and for all". He left in a rush and told them he'll go alone.

He reached the old office he used to work in. His father's. He hesitated a little and closed his eyes "fuck this", he got out and barged in as the bloody receptionist asked for an appointment. "Oh, what a surprise it is. Mr. Kulkarni usually people inform before they visit. You are new to the field right you'll learn soon. Leave us", Kailash told his secretary to go.

"Do you want something to drink?", he asked with pure amusement. "Cut it! What do you need to quit stepping into my work? Tell me how much. I already told you to beg if you need to clear any more debts right?", Abhi sat in front of Kailash comfortably, attempting to mask his resentment to not give his father any more satisfaction.

"I don't understand what you are talking about", Kailash taunted looking confused. Abhi leaned his elbows on the desk folding his hands. "Mr. Kailash, cease this act while I am still being nice. If you interfere with my work again. I won't hesitate to make it my goal to destroy you", Abhi threatened him.

Kailash lifted a brow. "Remember who taught you this business son? I am your Dad. And since when is it a crime to buy workers?", he mocked lifting his hands. "Mr. kattar this is my last warning. Leave me and my project alone. Or I know all your dirty little secrets and I won't think twice to expose them. Want to feel jail again?", Abhi got him at this.

Kailash gritted his teeth watching his son leave. "I heard your dirty little secret is back in town. How is she doing?", Abhi halted in his place. "Touch her again and I will load a bullet in your chest". Kailash laughed leaning into his chair. "Got you", Abhi just left not minding the madman. "Stay away from my life".

*~~~~~*
I am loving these chapters 😂