~43~

Ava's pov :

"Ava", Priti called for me and I stopped looking at her. "I didn't know about Kyra and Abhi's engagement. I shouldn't have dumped you with my suspicions at a time like this I am sorry", Priti tried to explain. I smiled not because I am an idiot but because I just felt empty from the inside out. "Can you take me home? I don't think I can drive myself", I gave my keys to her.

                               ~~~***~~~

"Stop the car for a minute Priti. How dare he go on that stage when he was sleeping next to me 20 minutes ago? I need some answers", One minute I was in shock and the other I was so angry I could kill someone that second. Got out of the car and went to the backyard again.

Everyone was standing now I couldn't see what was happening in the front. I tried to go forward pushing people I don't care if I looked like an idiot I just want to punch his face for even considering going forward to that bitch of a human being who will never change!

"Dad, you never told me I have a twin brother", I heard his voice and pushed the last person to go into the clearing and looked at him confused. Twin brother? What the hell is this now? His father voiced the same doubt. "Because I don't know which Abhimanyu you want to give miss Kiara when this Abhimanyu", he pointed to himself "is taken and already belongs to someone for you to give away",  With each word he walked towards me making my heart pound at a different rate. It was happening in slow motion for me. I saw his mom controlling her smile and virin looking here and there hiding his laugh behind his hand.

"I saw you leaving why? Did you think it was that easy to get rid of me", he traced my cheek and I saw his father's embarrassed face right beside his mother's proud one. "Look at me", he pulled me into him. "Did you really believe in this drama", he laughed making my eyes water.

"You are stuck with me for a lifetime baby", he said kissing me on the cheek in front of everyone giving me goosebumps. "Let's go watch some zombie movie while you scratch the hell out of me they look better than miss Kiara's red face right now", he caught my waist whispering in my ear.

•____•

"I can't take my eyes off you baby. Your face is shining with afterglow", he bit my earlobe and I bit my cheek from inside to stop from moaning. "Abhi!", his father shouted making him stand straight. "Why are you shouting we are right here and I am not deaf", I blinked thrice to see if I was dreaming. Did he just? Okay is he high? I pinched him on the hand making him hiss. I know he is close with his father and they joke around a lot but this is serious.

"Is this funny? Because I am not laughing Abhi", his father asked sternly. "Even we don't laugh at lame jokes Kailash how dare you do this without involving me", Abhi's mom Meera, glared at her husband.

"Okay I understand that this is a mistake but you should've had the decency to discuss it in private rather than announcing to the world and embarrassing me", his father glared at Abhi. "Yeah just like you discussed with me about your announcement right dad?", Abhi stared right back.

"Will you two stop fighting? you both were at fault now think of damage control alright?", Kailash uncle rolled his eyes at Abhi and sighed before looking at my mom who stood there silent crossing her arms.

"Saavi, I am sorry you know I love Ava like my own. But, she was the one who rejected Abhi once", he looked at his family before glancing at my mom again. "Can you forgive me for this", he caught her hands in his and asked sincerely.

"I would've left the second you announced Kailash. I know it was a mistake", she caught his hand back smiling. "Thank you, otherwise I wouldn't have had entry into my own room today", he looked at his wife who just smirked.

"Thank you for letting me inside my own home but your son here is out of the house for a month", said Abhi's dad making Meera Aunty go crazy. "He is not leaving", she tried to oppose when he continued. "I am giving you one month", he looked at Abhi. "to get over Ava and come back to marry Kiara on the fixed date", I heard gasps. I knew it was too good to be true.

"I respect you Saavi and I do love Ava but, she is not the right person for Abhi", my mom just laughed a humorless laugh and took her hand back. "Ava, We can't stand here getting virtually slapped for the second time now. Leave that hand and come with me", my mom caught my hand as I caught Abhi's.

"Dad", Abhi stared blankly at his father. "Why do you think I'll agree", asked Abhi as if he already knew what his father's reply was gonna be, Kailash uncle just came closer. "You will if you don't want her to find out who you really are", Meera Aunty stepped back and Abhi released my hand. "Let's go before they destroy the last bit of self-respect Ava", my mom dragged me as they both looked at each other. "I think I owe you an explanation Ava", I stopped for a second looking at Kailash. "I want my son to be at his best all the time. But when he is with you he gives in to his weakness and becomes his worst. I don't want him to be that for the rest of his life".

•____•

My mum's knuckles were turning white with the force she caught on the steering wheel. I know everyone has their secrets and dark side to them but fucking shit this secret train roaming around me is non-stop.

~~~***~~~

I know short one, the next update will be soon.