Kelly's Fairytale Dreams

8:30pm...

Kelly POV
My hurtful headache from earlier was completely gone. I showered and changed into my PJs. My parents made sure I was very much better after the accident. Dinner, tea and sleep. I slept earlier after River dropped me off. We had so much fun in the car though. I'm real excited for my driving test soon. Now I'm watching Disney classics on Disney+. All of these were my childhood. Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Cinderella. My most favorite of all time is Beauty and the Beast. Belle is my favorite Disney princess!! She's sweet, kind and loves books. That's totally me! I loved how she saw true beauty behind a beast who was selfish and unkind. I smiled, dreaming of myself being a princess. River is my Queen. Of course all men would be Princes but to me she's Queen material. I dressed into my PJs. The door knocked. "Come in." I said. It revealed Mom. She smiled. "Hey, sweetheart. Are you alright?" She asked. I returned the gesture and nodded. "The headache stopped. Now I feel a little tired out." I told her. She nodded in understanding and rubbed my hair. "Ok. You get some sleep hon." She said. I stretched as she waved, closing the door. I yawned and got under the blankets. The TV was still playing the movie. I sipped on my tea cup and put it on the nightstand. The drink happened to cause me drowsiness which led to sleepiness. I instantly fell asleep. The world reappeared differently in my dream.

~~~~

Outside my cottage, I was watering the flowers and feeding the chickens. My papa had just left to the business club for his inventions. He was always called the 'crazy old man' in the village. Honestly, I wished to leave this place. There was nothing rather exciting or adventurous about it. I truly longed for somewhere amazing. Especially away from the rude-conceited Gabriella that is popular for her war contribute and, of course, undeniable beauty. Once dirt landed on my dress, I brushed it off and continued replanting new flowers.

I snapped out of my thoughts when my lovely horse, Blue Jeans galloped through the entry

I snapped out of my thoughts when my lovely horse, Blue Jeans galloped through the entry. Papa wasn't even with him. My eyes widened. He neighed, stopping in his tracks. "Blue Jeans! What are you doing here? Where's Papa? What happened?" I asked worriedly. He couldn't stop moving around as if he was panicking fearfully. It really meant something happened to Father. "Where's Papa? Take me to him!" I told him. I ran inside our cottage and grabbed my dark-blue coat. Blue Jeans stayed, waiting for me. I successfully hopped on his back and strapped him. He turned around and galloped out of the village.

We stumbled into a very white-snowy forest. Very unusual because it's summer season. 'What is this place?' I thought. Blue Jeans came to a halt toward the entry and I got off his back. "Stay here, boy." I mumbled quietly. He let out a soft neigh. In front of me was a giant-snow frosted castle. It's not like the ones I read in my books. I'm astonished but wondered if Papa was there. I slowly opened the doors. The inside's eerily dark with sunlight shone from the windows. It seemed dusty yet fashionable. I took the lit candelabra and scanned the living room for anyone who might be here. "Hello? Is anyone here? Hello? Papa? Are you here?" I called, walking up the staircase to another. It led to an eerily darkened tower. Nobody was inside the cells except...A few coughs were heard. "Hello?" I called. "Kelly?" A tired-coughing voice asked. Papa! My eyes widened seeing him locked inside a cell. I sat down the candelabra and intertwined his cold hands with mine. He coughed badly. Oh no. This cold weather is bad for his health. He could get really sick. "How did you find me?" He asked. I nodded my head no. "Never mind that. I'll get you out of here." I said softly. He nodded in disagreement. "Kelly, you need to leave! This castle is alive! Now go before she finds you!" He panicked. I looked at him confusedly. "Who?" I asked, my voice echoing through the castle. A roar that sounded beastly echoed throughout the room. What is here? Who is here? I defensively picked up a chair that was tipped over. The strange person creeped above Papa's locked cell. "Who's there?! Who are you?!" I called. "Who are you?" The person growled. She sounded like a somewhat animal but it wouldn't be the case right now. "I've come for my father!" I told her. "Your father is a thief." She said. My father's never been a thief since my very existence. I scoffed. "Liar!" I shouted. "He stole a rose." She told me. I've always loved roses. That's why I ask him every year when he leaves to get me a rose. "I asked for the rose. Punish me! Not him!" I said confidently. "No. She means forever! Apparently, that's what happens around here when you pick a flower." Papa said, growling at the last part. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "A life sentence for a rose? Really?" I asked. The giant stranger hopped swiftly on the ground. It made me jump a bit. "I would mean eternal damnation for really locking him away. Now do you still wish to take your father's place?" She asked. There is now a choice I have to make. Will I take Papa's place? Or leave him? No. I won't leave him forever. I love him too much. However, this stranger seemed even more mysterious. Looks can't always be deceiving. "Come into the light." I told her. She grumbled and backed away. I grabbed the candelabra, letting myself see the strange person's reflection. She is a beast! A huge-furry beast. Horns, claws, fur all over her body. The blue oceanic eyes though were likely...beautiful.