One Who Never Lied

River POV
Life's been better since I talked to dad about me and Kelly. He was supportive and I forgotten to remind myself he would want us to be who we really are. Kelly's birthday was amazing and she loved my gift. Any time I see her, she wears the ring. School's all good and us, CJ, Jack and Leila meet up often. Finally! It's Saturday! CJ called us up to hang at her new house. Her family moved to a new place. Thankfully, it's not very far from mine. In the kitchen we made popcorn and poured cups of punch. Instant Family was playing. The gang chilled on the couch. CJ told me someone she invited was coming to visit. We aren't sure so it'll be a surprise. I was next to Kelly. She smiled at me and grabbed popcorn to eat. We shared a small kiss. Jack huffed. "If only we had nachos, that shit's delicious." He said. I chuckled. Leila rolled her eyes. "Still obsessed with nachos? Not surprised." She said. CJ laughed. Jack sighed. "I still don't get how you girls eat and stay skinny." He said. Moments of silence was present. He was confused. "What?" He said. We ignored and watched the movie. "Seriously? What's up?" He said. I snacked on another popcorn a little loud. He huffed and continued watching. Some things a boy don't understand. CJ sat beside Kelly, drinking juice. "When your friend's coming, C?" Kelly asked. She shrugged. "She should be here already." She said. I nodded. The door bell ringed. She smiled. "Yay! She's here! You're gonna love this!" She said, nudging me. She got up and walked to the door. Me and Kelly shared confusion. What will I love? Who's here? "CJ!" A familiar voice said. "Liv! It's great to see you again!" She said. Liv? See her again? My brain clicked in memory. Uh oh. I low-key growled. I'm seriously gonna kill CJ. The two girls came in the living room. Her guest had brown-yellowish hair, creamy hazel eyes, skinny and wore red lipstick perfectly. I recognized her as memories flooded my brain. My ex-girlfriend, Olivia.

She saw me and smiled

She saw me and smiled. "River!" She said. I chuckled nervously. "Liv! Good to see you." I said.
She hugged me. I hugged back. "Everyone...this is Olivia. Me and River's best friend. Well...my best friend. These two weren't friends at all." CJ said awkwardly. Kelly chuckled. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Uh oh." Leila muttered. I rolled my eyes. Olivia sighed. "Me and River used to be together." She told her. Kelly looked at me in shock. I cleared my throat. "Yes! But we're just friends." I said. CJ nodded in agreement. "Exactly! I invited her so she can join our movie hangout!" She said. Olivia giggled. "Thanks." She said. Leila smiled sweetly. "I'm Leila." She said. "Jack." He said. She greeted and sat between me and Leila. Kelly still eyed me in shock. Guiltiness filled my body. I almost spoke till she faced the TV screen. CJ smiled nervously. I raised an eyebrow. "We will talk later." I whispered in a serious tone. She quickly nodded and sat on Kelly's right side. We talked and reminisced with Olivia. Kelly low-key growled at me. I gulped and drank my punch. This hangout just got ruined.

Two hours passed. Kelly's not speaking to me. Jack and Leila's getting to know Olivia and CJ had me nearly kill her for this. We excused ourselves and walked upstairs to her bedroom. I closed the door. She huffed. "I know you're angry." She said. I fake chuckled. "Way past that. I'm Hulk-angry now." I said in a serious tone. "I'm sorry! You and Olivia broke up but we stayed in touch as friends. Believe me, I didn't wanna get between your love issues and wait- she studied my angry look. She sighed. "Did you tell Kelly about her? Or only about your family?" She asked. I crossed my arms. "Don't know what you're talking about." I lied. She crossed her arms. "River, I'm not stupid." She said. I took a deep breath and covered my face. "Yeah. I didn't tell her. It was her birthday, CJ! She had other things to get through too. Telling her about my ex-girlfriend before or after her birthday is crazy. Now she's mad and I don't know what to do." I said. CJ patted my shoulder. I uncovered my face. "The best you could do is remind her you love her more. I'll deal with Olivia...but she's yours later on." She said. I slightly chuckled. "Thanks C." I said. We left the room and came downstairs. Olivia smiled and waved. I smiled a little and waved. Kelly sighed. Wow, off to a bad start. I kissed her cheek. "You ok?" I whispered. She cleared her throat and smiled warmly. "Yes." She whispered.

*****

Kelly POV
A hella surprise. River's ex-GF shows up and everyone's all happy. This seem definitely awkward for her and me. Why didn't she tell me before? How could she keep this from me? I may be the girl guys and girls wanna be with but I have insecurities too. Looking at Olivia's beauty and how everybody likes her already...am I still good enough for River? Does she still love me? I played with the bowl of chips. River chatted with Leila and CJ. Jack was watching The Office. I was in the kitchen with Olivia. Awkward silence was between us as I snacked on one chip. She smiled. "Kelly! It's good to meet you. CJ told me so much about you." She said. I fake smiled. Yeah, bet she has. "How are you? How long you've known River?" I asked. Olivia chuckled. "Three years. You're very lucky to have her." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "I am?" I said. She quickly nodded. "I'm sorry today got awkward. I wanted to make amends with her since I did with CJ. You're really lucky to have someone like her and me and River are no more. I hope you don't hate me." She said. Whoa. I didn't know she felt that way. Maybe because her appearance and personality shook me. I sighed. "I'm sorry too. I thought a girl like you would be extremely perfect for her or still is. Being an A-list, it doesn't mean I have no insecurities. I had no clue CJ was gonna bring you here." I said. She laughed. "You kidding? I didn't know either!" She said. We laughed. She smiled. "Hope we can be friends." She said. I nodded, smiling. "Sure!" I said. We hugged and parted. "Ugh, do anyone wanna see 13 Reasons Why?" Jack asked. I laughed again. "Duh!" We said. We joined him on the couch. Guess I had nothing to worry about at all.

Someone held my hand. I looked up and saw River. "Can we talk, sweet?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. "K." I said. I got up and we went to CJ's backyard. It had the swing set. We sat on the swings. She cleared her throat. "Ok, about earlier- I cut her off. "Stop. Today's been weird, I know. Olivia's a really great girl and I know there's nothing going on. She told me she wanted to make amends and I fully understood. Everything about her just made me feel threatened and one day...you might leave me because I'm not good enough anymore." I said. She pulled my chin up gently. She smiled. "You are more than good enough. You're incredible, Kel. I always see it whenever I look at you. Nobody or nothing could ever make me leave you at all. I'm sorry I never told you about Liv. You're my love and that'll never change. Don't even change to be like those girls. I love you the way you are. Be my Kelly Kapowski." She said. I chuckled. "Your Kelly?" I said. River smirked. "Yes!" She said. She began tickling me. I bursted into laughing. She laughed as well. I got off the swing as she chased me around the yard. She picked me up and spun me around. I smiled and wrapped my arms around her neck. We kissed passionately. We parted. "I love you." I said. "Love you babe." She whispered. Our hands intertwined as we walked back in the house.

*****

The gang went home and I joined River at her place. Her dad was busy filming another Fast movie. We cuddled on her bed and laughed. She yawned. It's daylight and she's already sleepy? Omg. I kissed her lips softly. Her arm stayed around me as we both drifted off to sleep.