Saving You Part 1

Kelly POV
Everyday I wake up being happy. This time I woke up even more happier. Spending a day with River's family was one of the reasons. I rolled out of bed and did my morning routine and took a shower. I got dressed and managed to wake up Nikki. I finished homework on my laptop and ate breakfast. My phone clock stated '11:30' and I yawned a bit. I'm so glad to get everything done early. Guess that makes me an A-list. I decided to take a nap right now. I laid on my bed, almost drifting off to sleep. CRASH! The noise fully awaken me. What's happening really? I got off the bed and ran downstairs. Nikki followed behind to see Mom in distraught and Dad growled toward a one person I hated since I was born. My cousin Ricky. He's been in and out of trouble since his parents divorce when he was ten. The terrible memories flooded my brain while I'm questionable about his sudden visit. Dad growled with balled up fists. "Why are you here Ricky?" He asked. He chuckled. "Why can't I? Can a guy see his loving family?" He said. I crossed my arms and huffed. "Loving family? You never been here forever! You hated us and spent more time in jail!" I growled. Ricky smiled innocently toward me. "Kelly! Wow, you're so grown up! I remember you- Dad cut him off and guarded me. "Don't talk to my daughter. You need to leave. Right now." He said, sternly. Ricky shrugged. "Alright. Fine." He said softly. Mom nodded and escorted him to the door with Dad beside her. Nikki held my hand. I held it tightly. I hope I'll never see that bastard ever again.
They were outside the house while I occupied Nikki with snacks and TV. The door busted open. We jumped, getting off the couch. Ricky smiled wickedly. Nikki backed away in sudden fear. Oh no! Where's mom and daddy?! "What have you done with our parents?!" I shouted. "Maybe I could take care of you." He said, sounding darkly. We screamed and grabbed Nikki's hand. He chased after us as we ran to the backyard. There was no use! My brain clicked. We ran back inside the house and came upstairs. "Girls! I like hide and seek! I'm a really good seeker!" He shouted, sounding menacing. We ran to my bedroom where there's the window. I slammed the door and locked it. Ricky began hitting it with a sledgehammer. Nikki gripped my arm tightly. I quickly opened the window. "Let's go!" I told her. I climbed through the window and helped her get out. Ricky hit the door repeatedly, making a giant hole to get through. Thankfully, we got out before he could. I slammed the window and managed to get us to the ground. I whistled for an Uber. One jerked to a stop and we quickly got inside. Ricky left the house and saw us. He growled angrily. "Girls!" He yelled. "Step on it!" I quickly said. The driver pressed the gas pedal and drove off. I breathed a breath of relief. Nikki seemed shaken up. I hugged her. She hugged back. "We're gonna be ok." I whispered. We parted. "But where are we going?" She asked. I huffed. "First we can't go to our grandparents because he knows where they live. We need a safe place where he can't find us." I said. Nikki laid her head on my shoulder and rubbed her arms. My phone buzzed. River was calling. Yay! Thank you! I answered. "Hello?" I said. "Hey beautiful! How are you?" She asked. I took a deep breath. "River, can you help me and Nikki with a favor?" I asked. She groaned, rolling her eyes. "Favor?!" She whispered/yelled. I shushed her. "Anything hon." River said. I smiled sadly. "Remember my troubled cousin I told you about?" I said. "Yes." She quickly said. I shedded a tear. "He broke into my house and hurt my parents but we got away. We're now in a Uber." I told her. "Aww! Come to my house, I can hide you both till you call the police." She said. I sighed. I don't know about this. I wouldn't wanna put this on her watch. Or worse, endanger her and her family. "River, I don't want to- she cut me off. "Kelly, I would do anything for you especially protect you. You shouldn't face this alone. I don't know what I do if anything happens to you. Let me help keep your family safe." She said. My cheeks burned red. How did I get so lucky to have someone like her? I sighed happily. "Ok. We're on our way." I said. "K! Bye love!" She said and hung up. I noticed Nikki waking up from sleeping on my shoulder. "Are we there yet?" She asked. I smiled and told the driver to head to River's house. I'm so relieved we'll be safe now.

River POV
I cleaned the living room, dining room and kitchen with Raelynn's help. I want everything to be perfect when Kelly arrives. I'm aware this isn't a date but they should be comfortable here. Raelynn sighed. "Are you serious that her cousin's a lunatic who wants to kidnap them?" She asked. I quickly nodded. Her eyes widened. "Are you serious? This is kinda risky. What if he shows up?" She said. I smiled confidently. "He won't! Not until we call the police. Or he'll have to deal with Brian O'Conner." I said. She giggled. "Cool! Dad's even more scarer when Meadow's boyfriend came over." She joked. We laughed. That was awesome! He scared him away like a giant bear. I crossed my arms and took a deep breath. "I hope I can protect her. This guy would possibly follow her here." I muttered. She raised an eyebrow. "And once he does, police come and Dad will be pissed about you luring psychos in his house." She slightly joked. I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding! We'll keep her very safe I promise." She assured. I smiled warmly and flunked myself on the couch. She sat beside me, turning on the TV. My phone buzzed. That's weird. Dad's back on the set for a Fast film. Who's calling me now? It was Meadow. I answered. "Hello?" I said. "Hey, can you do me a favor?" She asked. I shrugged. "Like what?" I asked. "I'm inviting my boyfriend Lance over and I don't want you two to ruin it." She quickly told me. I smiled deviously. "Does Dad know about this?" I asked. I knew she could feel my smirk. Meadow groaned. "You wouldn't dare." She whined. I chuckled. "Try me." I said. She huffed. "What's the deal?" She asked. Hmm, keeping Kelly safe from a deranged relative and making sure Dad doesn't know Meadow invited a guy over? Sounds like a plan. I smiled. "Kelly and her sister's coming over because her dangerous cousin invaded their house. She needs a place to stay and call help so it'll be ours. If you keep that secret, I won't tell Dad Lance is coming over." I explained. "Is she ok?" She asked. I sighed. "She's fine. Do we have a deal?" I asked. It took a minute till she spoke. "Alright! Whatever." She said and hung up. Raelynn laughed. "She won't last a day since she's in charge." She said. I nodded in agreement. My phone refreshed with the home screen of Kelly.

I smiled and sat back on the couch

I smiled and sat back on the couch. "I'll make popcorn with candy." She told me. I nodded as she headed to the kitchen. I made myself comfortable. The door bell ringed. Ooh, Kelly! I got up and went to the door. I opened, revealing herself and Nikki. She smiled widely. "River!" She said. I laughed and hugged her. She hugged back. We parted. "Thank you so much for helping us." She said. I scoffed. "I'd do anything for you guys." I said. Nikki smiled. "Do you have any candy or popcorn?" She asked. I chuckled. "Yup! Raelynn's making popcorn." I told her. She cheered as we came to the living room. They flunked themselves on the couch and I went to the kitchen. Raelynn was pouring caramel in the popcorn bowl. I sighed happily. "Everything's going well as planned." I said. She giggled. "Don't celebrate yet. Meadow's bringing her boyfriend as well." She said. Who cares? If she gets caught by Dad, it won't be my loss.