An Ultimate Faceoff Part 1

In the common room...

"What do you mean she's missing?!" I asked frantically. Everyone regrouped in the room to discuss this problem. Apparently, Lily wandered off somewhere and no one knows. Leila huffed. "Nobody has seen her! Lyra tried calling her." She told me. Lucy rubbed her hair and sighed. "We all tried. She's not answering anyone's calls." She said. CJ looked at me in disbelief. "This doesn't make any sense. How could Lily wander off? As far as we know she could still be in this castle." She said. Roxanne's face lit up. "What if she is?" She asked. The portrait hole opened, letting more of her cousins in. Especially her brothers. Albus saw CJ and got ahold of her shoulders. "Heard anything?" He asked worriedly. She nodded her head no. "She's not answering nobody." She told him. James sighed. "Me neither." He added. Ok, can we hush about random calls? I huffed and rubbed my hair. "Enough about calls! The best we can do is search for her. Roxanne's right. She could still be here. All we have to do is look anywhere. Anywhere." I said annoyedly. Rose nodded in agreement. "River's right. James, do you have the Marauder's Map?" She asked. He sighed nervously while shoving his hands into his pockets. Lucy rolled her eyes. Everyone returned the gesture. I hummed in response. "Let me guess, she got it?" I asked. "That is correct." He told me. Albus growled quietly. "Bloody git." He muttered. CJ scoffed, pulling out her wand. "Never mind. We can still search muggle style. Cmon! Let's do this! Also keep your wands out. This is Hogwarts. You never know what you'll run into." She said. Sometimes her toughness soothes me when I'm stressed. I smirked confidently and nodded. "Exactly. We'll need to work together if we're gonna find Lily." I agreed. Fred returned the gesture. "I like it!" He said. Molly smiled. "Let's do it!" She beamed. Albus grabbed CJ's hand. "Go with me?" He whispered. She nodded. "Yeah, sure." She said, smiling. Oh my goodness. I low-key smirked. Jack hopped off the couch and smiled. "Care if I come with you?" He whispered in Lyra's ear. She returned the gesture. Ok. This is getting completely awkward. We walked through the hole and rode the staircase to the floor before going different ways. I ran past everyone and kept a close eye on any familiar redheads. No matter what, I didn't stop running and searching for anything suspicious. Lily, I'm coming.

*****

An hour passed already. It is no damn coincidence nobody rang my phone for signs. Again, I wasn't giving up. Technically it's not me to ever give up on things. Lily is somewhere and I know it. She may not be present but my gut gives me the feeling she's still here. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out.

Roxie😁✌🏽: any sign of her??

River🌊: No.

Roxie😁✌🏽: if we hadn't found her, James will call her parents and McGonagall.

River🌊: Tell him not to call them unless we founded her.

Roxie😁✌🏽: River, that's a million chances we're ever gonna find her🤦🏽‍♀️

I rolled my eyes. I'm sick and tired of hearing that old saying. Only doubters say that. I slipped my phone in my pocket but realized I'm somewhere CJ mentioned the courtyard. It explains the opening view of outside. Good thing I had my jacket or I'd have real chills from this weather. My attention returned to what was ahead. A person laid against a pillar three blocks away. I couldn't see whom and run-walked. Who is there? Maybe they know where Lily is. He or she didn't seem to move nor speak at all. Are they ok? "Hey! Hey! You there!" I called. The person still didn't move from the pillar. I squinted my eyes and began running. The person's image was officially revealed. My eyes widened. "LILY!" I blurted. She was badly injured. Her hair messy, her nose was bleeding, her sundress half-torn and dirtied, two cuts on her right arm with a busted lip. The awful part was being unconscious. What the hell happened? 'This is Hogwarts. You never know what you'll run into.' I remembered. She wouldn't just have some accident. Something or someone must've done something. Anyways, Lily needed the hospital. I pulled out my phone to text CJ.

River🌊: I FOUND LILY. SHE'S BADLY INJURED AND NEEDS HELP. I'M AT THE COURTYARD.

CJ🤪🤘🏼: we're coming!

I touched her cold hand. "Can you hear me? Please hear me girl." I whispered. My other hand checked her pulse. She was slowly breathing. Thank God! I mentally breathed a breath of relief while taking off my jacket and wrapping it around her. She must be freezing! "Don't worry, you'll be fine. You'll be back with everyone." I assured softly. A low wicked laugh echoed behind me. "She will. But you won't be." Someone said. I turned to see none other than Rochelle. She was aiming her wand at me and smiling evilly. "That redheaded slut decided to have a stroll. Myself wanted to join but I got caught up wanting some revenge. You don't need to worry. Let's not waste time. You'll be joining her soon like that." She said coldly. I growled and rolled my eyes. "Don't be such a punk. We both know I'm not scared of you. So tough to beat up a defenseless person and post hateful words? Things only a punk-ass bitch would do. Unlike you, I don't need a wand to settle fights." I growled coldly. She returned the gesture and swung her wand. "Stupefy!" She said. A ball of light flew out but I ducked. Rochelle looked at Lily before wrapping her arm around her neck while pointing her wand at her head. She smiled deviously. "Let's try this again. Don't waste time River. Join or Potter Princess here will get the spell I've always wanted to do." She threatened. What spell? Memories of watching the films with CJ replayed my mind. There was parts when people died. Some of them died from a dangerous spell CJ explained. The one that kills anyone. My brain clicked. No! I growled angrily, balling up my fists. No way in hell I'm letting Lily die! "Touch her and I'll kill your crazy ass." I low-key growled. She laughed menacingly. "How? Punch me? There's nothing you can do River!" She said. A lot of anger boiled inside me. My fists got tighter. I inhaled a deep breath. "Let. Her. Go." I demanded in a serious tone. The clouds were suddenly turning darkish and thunder was clicking with droplets of rain. Blue watery blasts were appearing in my hands. Rochelle looked around in shock. "What's going on?! What's happening?!" She asked frantically. My eyes were turning a striking blue glow. I didn't even noticed CJ, James and Albus came in the hallway. I growled angrily. "Let. Her. Go!" I yelled through gritted teeth. With my glowing hands, I did this:

 With my glowing hands, I did this:

Hundred pounds of water was swirling around me while my hands controlled it

Hundred pounds of water was swirling around me while my hands controlled it. The unexpected rain was part of it. Rochelle's jaw dropped. She fearfully dropped Lily and aimed her wand shakily. "River! River!" CJ called repeatedly but I ignored her. My hands instantly threw a huge blast of water onto her. Its strength blasted her in mid-air before hitting the ground. Their eyes widened shockingly. I managed to take a deep breath that made the water fall instantly. Everywhere including the grass was soaking wet as the rain lifted up easily. The blueness of my eyes disappeared. My clothes and hair got wet too but I didn't care. James, Albus and CJ ran up to me. They were utterly speechless. CJ gulped, clearing her throat. "Ri..." She trailed off. I smiled sheepishly.