It's a Ride of my Life

One impatient hour later.

******

Kelly POV
I waited impatiently, tapping my feet repeatedly without sound. My room was still in one piece since I didn't strangle my things nervously. River is finally doing her official Driving lesson after taking Driver's education for four months last year. I'm really nervous for her because I know she'll get her car and a driver's license. I'm supposed to be a supportive girlfriend yet I'm biting my nails and pacing back and forth like a nervous freak. Well, I shouldn't! River knows driving so well because it's in her family and she watches F&F more than anyone. Even though she crashed into a pile of bricks which caused my unconsciousness but CJ truthfully had the blame. My phone buzzed. It's her! I grabbed it off the dresser and answered. "Hello?" I said. "Heeeeey Kapowski!" CJ said cheerily. I mentally groaned. "Yes, CJ?" I asked in an uninterested tone. She smiled widely. "I'm really blowing this week! Know why? I'm prepping for my Driver's test next week!" She beamed. Another reason to explode because I still haven't heard from River about her driving test. I smiled a little. "That's amazing CJ. You'll do really great. Umm, have you heard from River?" I asked. She went silent for a minute. "Oh. I don't think so. Sorry Kelly. Maybe she's still doing the test. Trust me, we all hope she'll pass and we could cruise around in her Jaguar or Skyline." She said. Jaguar? Skyline? Hm, I didn't know she likes those cars. Skyline is what she usually talks about but not a Jaguar. I sighed. "Well, she promised me she'll come over and give me the answer! I'm here a nervous wreck because I've been waiting for an entire hour." I explained. "Whoa! Really? Driving tests usually take 40 minutes an hour. It's now 2:00." She told me. Say what? 2:00? I checked the time on my phone. She is right. That means River must be on her way right now! I cheered quietly and smiled. "Ok! Thanks CJ! I'll talk to you later and congrats again!" I said, hanging up.
There was knocking on my window. She waved, smiling. I cheered happily and carefully opened it.
She got inside swiftly. "What happened?! What happened?!" I asked in a jittery one. River smirked, grabbing my hand and helping me get through the window. "Close your eyes." She whispered. I nodded as she carefully led me through the backyard to the driveway. I smiled excitingly. "Can I open now?!" I squealed. She chuckled, bringing me to a stop. "3, 2, 1. Go." She told me. My eyes widened. Her dream car is a Skyline!!

 Her dream car is a Skyline!!

I smiled widely. "River, this is so amazing! It looks just like your Dad's actually!" I half-joked. She laughed. "True. But the thing is it's River O'Conner's baby." She said proudly. I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled. "You have your keys? You drove all the way here?" I asked. River nodded while padding her jean pocket. "My test is complete. I'm now your rider whenever you need it." She playfully rapped. I kept laughing and couldn't stop staring at its blue colored features. "Whoa. I'm still speechless." I muttered. She sighed happily, rubbing her hair. "My license will come once I'm sixteen and since I passed the test. I'll just fill out forms and bam!" She said. I smiled. "Well I'm really proud of you. You did really great." I said. I wrapped my arms around her neck and nuzzled my nose against hers. She nuzzled before kissing my lips. "Think of many dates we'll have in this car." She whispered. I nodded and already imagined future cute picnics or drive-thru dates. "Especially do more things." She muttered lustfully in my ear. I madly blushed. "Wait a minute, buster. We just got the car. Don't get any ideas." I said and raised an eyebrow. We parted. River smirked. "No promises." She teased. My cheeks are turning hot red. I smiled. "So, are you interested in a ride?" I asked. She laughed including me. "I should be asking you that question." She said. We got inside the car and I smelled the fresh strawberry scent through the whole car. It smelled so nice! I sighed happily. "It smells really nice." I said. River scoffed and smirked. "What? My car should smell like paradise whenever anyone joins." She said. I laughed. "Won't argue with that." I agreed. Her hand intertwined with mine on my lap. My cheeks burned red. She smiled warmly. "Sit back and relax. It's gonna be a lit ride." She whispered in my ear. I returned the gesture as we put on our seatbelts. She smirked, putting the keys into ignition and turned the engine on. I laid back against the seat as she carefully pulled from the driveway. As she paid attention to the road, I turned on the radio. Cruise by Florida Georgia Line surprisingly started playing. She cheered while nodding to the beat. "Whoo hoo!" She cheered. I laughed. "Where do you wanna go?" She asked. "The beach." I quickly said. River hummed in response. "I know just the place." She said.

An hour later, River finally parked in the sand. I felt someone rubbing my shoulder. "We're here babe." She whispered. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked out the window. My eyes widened. This is an outrageously beautiful paradise. I smiled widely. "River...this is..." I breathed. She chuckled. "Exactly." She mumbled.

River POVAgain, she looked gorgeous while staring out the window

River POV
Again, she looked gorgeous while staring out the window. I carefully pulled up on the sand. The blue flowing waves, earthly rocks, hidden seashells and openly sunlight. It's what I loved so much as a child. Last time Dad brought me here to surf with my uncles. Kelly stirred quietly. My brain clicked. I pulled out my phone and snapped a cute photo of her. I saved it in my phone cause she'll probably kill me if I post a photo of her daydreaming. I rubbed her shoulder repeatedly. "We're here babe." I whispered. She smiled widely. "River...this is..." She breathed. I chuckled. "Exactly." I mumbled. We got out the car. "This is your favorite beach?" She asked. I nodded. "It's where I surf, play guitar or go swimming. The pond isn't the only place I find peace." I told her. She smiled. "Wow. If only I live in this beautiful place you call peace." She said. I smirked, crossing my arms. "You do. It's California." I joked. Kelly playfully rolled her eyes. Our hands intertwined as we strode on the sand and sat down. I caressed my hair while feeling the cool amount of breeze. Kelly laid her head on my shoulder and cuddled closer. "River, any dreams or ambitions you have?" She asked. The long awaited question was ready to be answered. I smiled confidently. "It may be shocking but I've always dreamt of being an artist. You could tell by me singing with you last time. The time I realized it was when I was eleven. That's why I am homeschooled so I can attend KSOTA. Keaton School of the Arts." I explained. She looked at me in shock. "Really? A place of super talented kids? That's incredible!" She beamed. I laughed. "I've sent an audition tape so that's how I got in." I said. Kelly smiled proudly. "That's good. I fully support you my love." She said. My cheeks burned red. I kissed her hand softly. "Does your Dad know- I cut her off. "Nope." I said, popping the P. There's some reasons why my Dad doesn't know I'm a sucker for music. She smirked. "I'm sure there are reasons." She said. I nodded in agreement. She inhaled a deep breath. "I have dreams too. Truth is I do my very best without thinking I need to be the A-list girl whom everything works out for." She whispered in my ear. Aww, it's awful Kelly puts up with some image of perfectionism. Perfection is a disease to me. Something you catch and it makes you even sicker. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Normally, I say you're perfection to me. But I think you're great just the way you are." I said. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you. That compliment means a lot." She said.

******

We stayed here for two hours. The sunlight was beginning to turn even lighter with clouds spreading into pieces. My phone buzzed.

Mom❤️😘: are u coming home?

Mom❤️😘: Dad wanna see the car lol

Shoot. I need to get home. "Cmon, let's go." I quickly said. We got off the ground and brushed sand off our clothes. Kelly yawned tiredly. She must be sleepy. We got inside the car. My brain clicked. I pulled out a soft blue blanket from the backseat and wrapped it around her body. Kelly smiled sleepily while resting her head on the seat. "Go to sleep hon." I whispered softly. She nodded, drifting off to sleep. I restarted the car and drove on the way home.