Pond Hideout

River POV

I sighed and fiddled with my fingers. I hated lying to Kelly. I never lied yet didn't told about who my dad was. I sat on my bed with her beside me. She was waiting for my answer. "What happened? What's going on?" She asked. I took a deep breath. "It's true. Ok? I'm Paul Walker's daughter. Go ahead and fangirl about it." I slightly growled. She looked at me in shock. "Fangirl? What are you talking about?" She asked. I crossed my arms. "I never wanted my dad's fame to be in my life so I never told anyone he's my dad. Not even if they mention Fast and Furious." I explained. "You told CJ, right?" She asked. I sighed and stepped back in total defeat. "I don't know why you're getting mad at me about this. I didn't do anything." She said. She's right. I can't be so angry at everyone. I know who to be angry at. I held her hand. "I'm sorry. I thought you would leave me once you found out. Like as if I lied to you...which I did. You're the happiest thing I have, Kelly. I wouldn't want to break that." I said. She smiled. "River, I would never leave you because you didn't tell me you're a celebrity's kid. I love you for you and I'd still love you if you're a superhero or a popstar." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "Popstar? Am I Hannah Montana?" I joked. She laughed and kissed my lips. I melted in the kiss. "Nope! Please be my River." She said. I smirked. "That's all I ever wanted to hear." I said. We kissed passionately. Am I just crazy for Kelly Kapowski? Guess I am. I love this kind of craziness. I smiled and playfully hugged her. She chuckled and hugged back. "What could we do now?" She asked. I shrugged. "Ice cream?" I suggested. She nodded, smiling.

*****

We didn't go to the ice cream shop. We grabbed vanilla ice cream from the fridge. We shared one bowl and took bites. I smiled and wrapped my arm around her waist. "You know? We could do another song." Kelly said. I was confused. "Why?" I asked. She smiled. "We seem a really good duo." She said. I chuckled. "Never heard a wonderful voice like yours." I joked, sounding British. She giggled and ate a spoonful of ice cream. I ate my spoonful and kissed her lips. She smiled and kissed back. "So, how are you taking this whole dad thing?" She asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. Just want people to look at me as River, not just Brian O'Conner's little girl." I said. Kelly laughed. "But you are!" She said. I chuckled. "Yeah yeah." I said. She smiled nervously. "Can a certain fan watch Aladdin with her GF?" She asked. I looked at her. She gave her best smile to beg. I chuckled. "K!" I said. She cheered and hugged me. I laughed and hugged back. We got off the counter and sat on the couch. I heated up popcorn and made us drinks. Kelly turned on the TV, switching to the movie. The popcorn was done and I sat next to her. I wrapped her arm around me as we began eating. She kissed my cheek and laid her head on my shoulder. We cuddled as we watched Aladdin. The part where Jasmine and him sing A Whole New World came on. I smirked and started singing. "I can show you the world, shining, shimmering and splendid. Tell me princess, when did you let your heart decide? I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder, over sideways and on a magic carpet ride- she cut me off by singing too. She smiled. "A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew but when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear and now I'm in a whole new world with you." She sung. "Let me share this whole new world with you." We sung in unison. "A whole new world." I sung. "A whole new world." She sung. "It's where we'll be." I sung. "A wondrous place for you and me." We sung as our hands intertwined. The whole time we locked eyes with our voices in harmony and sync. Our attention laid back on the movie. It felt like we were in the movie, riding on the magic carpet.

*****

Kelly POV

After our movie date, we cuddled in her bed. I laid my head on her shoulder. She rubbed my arm softly. She looked so beautiful when she's worn out. I smiled. "I love you." I whispered. River looked at me in awe. "Love you too, Kells." She whispered. We kissed passionately. "How come you're not happy that he's your dad?" I asked, referring to Paul. She sighed. "I just don't want to be called a celebrity's spoiled kid." She mumbled. I nodded in disagreement. "You're not. Trust me, you're more than that River. Nobody will see you that way. He probably does care about you and Raelynn." I said. She sighed happily. "What have you done to Kelly?" She asked. I laughed and kissed her cheek. Our hands intertwined. "Wanna know my secret?" She asked. I was confused. "I thought I did?" She said. She nodded her head no. "Something else." She told me. I nodded. River smiled and pulled me gently off the bed. She opened her window and we climbed out. I chuckled. "Don't we need a ride?" I asked. She whistled. "HEY YO UBER!" She yelled. An Uber screeched to a stop. I laughed as we ran inside the car. The car drove off. I was excited to see what River will show me.