The Cheer Championship

Maximus smiled. "I am excited for this game!" He said. "Why?" I asked. Meadow raised an eyebrow and scrolled on her phone. "I can imagine why." She added. Michael ate his cereal and nodded.
"Same here." He agreed. We were dressed for today's cheerleading competition at Meadow and Raelynn school. Raelynn has been excited and pumped since they announced the date. She practiced the routine every other after-school day. Hm, it reminded me when Kelly used her Pom-Poms to playfully cheer. So cute! I almost dazed off until Maximus spoke again. "Are these cheer girls single Mead? My phone's ready to blow." He said, smirking. Michael chuckled. "We have cheerleaders at our private school. Ask them out." He said. He pretended to fix himself up as if he had a tie. "A good bachelor doesn't waste his time on multiplying rabbits." He said. Meadow rolled up her magazine and whacked his head. He yelped, rubbing his head. "Ow! The hell is wrong with you?!" He said through gritted teeth. She rolled her eyes. "For comparing girls to rabbits. What a pig." She sassed. I laughed and high five her. She high-five back. "Nice sis!" I said. Michael grabbed the magazine and whacked his head again. Maximus huffed. "Mike!" He said. He chuckled. "What? That's for that language young man." He joked. I kept laughing and kicked my feet up. "Language? Are you somewhat 30?" Maximus asked jokingly. We laughed more. He playfully rolled his eyes. Meadow sighed. "BREDIA! ARE YOU ALMOST READY?!" She shouted. "ALMOST!" She shouted back. "Means no." Maximus corrected. I nodded in agreement. "Clearly." I said. Michael giggled. "Cmon guys, this is the cheer championship. She's been really happy about this." He said. It's real cute whenever Kelly cheers but honestly cheer is not my thing. You couldn't pay me $18,000 to wear those skirts. "Where's Mom and Dad?" I asked. He almost spoke until we heard a door open from upstairs. "Where is she? She's probably still getting dressed. This competition will begin in a couple minutes! Raelynn, come on!" We heard them. They rushed downstairs all dressed and ready. Dad inhaled a deep breath. "The next time you guys drag—he was cut off by Mom hitting his shoulder. "I mean bring me to your games please be on time." He finished. Meadow hopped off the couch worriedly. "Why? Are we late?" She asked. "Nope!" A familiar voice echoed. The guest of honor walked in the living room dressed in her cheer uniform. Her hair wrapped into a cute ponytail and the freshly applied makeup. The uniform's in blue/sparkly white colors with a blue bow on her ponytail. Mom smiled widely. "Beautiful! I'm so proud of you!" She squealed. Raelynn laughed. Maximus fake smiled. "Yes gorgeous! Let's go!" He said while dragging Michael to the door. Dad chuckled as we followed behind out of the house.

Parents and children were sitting on the bleachers cheering for the cheerleading teams from different schools or my sister's. She joined the girls wearing the same color uniforms. I was sitting between Michael and Maximus. CJ would've came but she thinks cheerleaders are a group of snobby popular girls. The team called Wolves are huddled in a private pep talk circle. They cheered, heading for the middle of the stadium. "We got Santa Barbara high school of Wolves Cheerleaders!" The commentary announced. A girl cheered happily. "Go Wolves! Go Wolves!" She said loudly. Half of the audience began noticing. Who is shouting like that? Meadow smirked. "Someone's got team spirit." She said. I was confused till she motioned me to look at this girl near the benches cheering. Her hair was long, curly and black. Her eyes were a glowing green and shown a whole brightly-whitened smile. I don't know why but you could suddenly sense an amount of happiness through her voice. It felt...captivating. She smiled happily before her Mom grappled her arm and walked her back to their seats. It was a bench away from ours. The only difference was Maximus was watching her the entire time. I smirked. Meadow nudged my shoulder. "See Maximus drooling?" She whispered. I covered my mouth in a chuckle. He licked his lips and smiled. "Yo, who is that girl?" He whispered. Michael shrugged. "Not sure. Maybe she goes to Raelynn's school." He said. Mom was filming Raelynn cheering with her friends on camera while Dad lets out a 'Whoo!' toward the team. Maximus tapped her shoulder. She turned around, smiling. "Hi!" She said. Meadow rolled her eyes. "Oh boy." She mumbled annoyedly. I chuckled as he talked or flirted with her. If only Kelly was with me. Raelynn and the girls joined the dance floor for their cheer routine. "GO BREDIA!" I cheered loudly. Meadow clapped excitingly.

The whole audience applauded including us. Raelynn was one of the cheerleaders who did cartwheels and pyramids. She's really good! Michael smiled widely. "Yay Raelynn!" He cheered. Meadow laughed. "That was an impressive dance!" She said. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah! They must've had a choreographer." I said. She giggled. Raelynn smiled happily, waving before leaving the field to take a break with the team. Maximus managed to watch the dance while flirting with the girl. The competition was announced for a five minute break so the judges could make up their minds. Mom sighed. "I feel so nervous babe." She breathed. Dad scoffed and smiled. "No worries! Our girl is gonna win this. I know it." He said confidently. Meadow smiled, padding her shoulder. To pass the time I decided to tease Maximus and Michael. "Any cheer girl you both flirted yet?" I teased. Maximus nodded his head no. "Only the prettiest from the bench. She isn't a cheerleader but she is really cute." He whispered in our ears. Michael rolled his eyes and crossed my arms. "Please let this one be different." He mumbled. I laughed. "He'll find someone worth better than fast little girls." I joked but in a serious tone. Him and Meadow chuckled. Mom kept rubbing her hands nervously while Dad kept his proud confident face. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket to see there's a picture sent by Kelly. Whoa, bloody shit!

Kells💞😘: something to warm your cold...😙

Whoa

Whoa. I mean whoa. Butterflies immediately raided my stomach. Wow. It's like I'm seeing a view of the whole world of beauty. Those glasses look freaking good on her. I smirked lustfully and texted back.

River🌊: what a hot cutie😍😜

Michael smirked. "She is a hot cutie huh?" He joked. I smacked his arm and he chuckled. "Keep looking, you lose your cornea." I growled. Maximus giggled. He put his hands up in surrender and shrugged. "Whoa chill! I wasn't looking!" He partially lied. I rolled my eyes. Mom shushed me with her finger. "The judges are about to say their decision!" She whispered/yelled. A speaker held up his mic and walked in the center of the field. "The judges have made their decision. "The winners of the annual cheer championship is..." He trailed off. He opened the card and inhaled a deep breath. "Santa Barbara High School of Wolves Cheerleaders!" He announced, smiling. Everyone including us applauded and cheered happily. Yes! My sister's won! "I knew it! I knew it!" Dad cheered proudly. Mom huffed, rolling her eyes. "Ok Paul I get it." She said. Meadow laughed. Their cheer team cheered, running into the center field and was handed a golden Pom Pom trophy. Raelynn smiled happily. Mom returned the gesture and waved. Maximus whistled loudly. "Whoo! That's our sister!" He cheered. Michael clapped proudly. Meadow smiled brightly. "That's my sister! She is the best! That's my sister!" She ranted to a few people. I looked at her annoyedly. "We know Meadow." I said. Dad laughed. "How about a dinner to celebrate?" He asked. "Yeah!" We said in unison.