1AM Breakfast N Chill

I decided to tell CJ later about the ice-cube finger stuff. She had more things to do involving using her magic and knowing about her family's wiz heritage. 8pm struck. I didn't feel like doing anything except write new songs plus thinking about doing another movie sometime. I still needed to finish a song for my birthday coming up. Something my fans could enjoy. The nightly weather was getting warmer yet drizzling. Lucy, Roxanne and Lily were somewhere else. CJ smiled and flunked herself on the bed. "Today was great! Albus was giving me broom lessons. He didn't get on a broom but he was guiding me all the way." She told me. I scoffed, chuckling. "Guiding you how? By pushing you like you're on a wagon?" I joked. She smiled innocently. "River, he knows I'm way too mature for that. He was respectfully guiding me by...holding my hand while I steer the broom." She said. I raised an eyebrow teasingly. "Holding. Your. Hand?" I asked. She groaned. "Don't imagine anything!—I cut her off by putting my hands up in surrender. "Not imagining anything nor do I want to. Why would I? Unless there's something really going on. Is it?" I said. CJ nodded her head no. I smiled. "Good! You had me worried there!" I said sarcastically. She chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "Anything going on with you and—she was cut off when the door revealed Lily and Lucy. My cheeks were burning up. She yawned tiredly. "Fuck, I'm tired!" She said. Lucy stretched while yawning. CJ smirked. "My thoughts exactly." She whispered. I low-key growled, resting my hands behind my head. Lily walked pass my bedside to the bathroom. A brush of an odd smell flushed my nose. Hm, has she been near any furnaces lately? I mentally shrugged and unlocked my phone to play Temple Run. Lucy joined and closed the door. "Why did they close the door?" CJ asked weirdly. I rolled my eyes. Clearly she forgotten we're in a public dorm school. It reopened as Roxanne came in. She smiled nicely. "So, how are you two liking Hogwarts so far?" She asked. Ceej's ecstatic answer in 3, 2, 1. "Amazing! Awesome! There's so much I missed in so long! Can't wait to experience more!" She beamed happily. Lucy looked at her confusedly. "What do you mean? Haven't you been in the Wizarding World before?" She asked. Oh man. Time to confess. I sighed. "Ceej." I said. She crisscrossed her legs and inhaled a deep breath. "No. Apparently. Days ago, I discovered I'm a witch because my Uncle Drell's a wizard. Especially my mother. My Dad isn't so it does make me half-blood. But I'm proud of it because my mom's family are purebloods. They didn't want her to marry a muggle so she moved away after graduating here. She appreciated muggles and hated Voldemort. I figured out why Mom couldn't tell me before. I guess she was ashamed of her bloodline or wanted to protect me from all the scrutiny I'd get cause she "betrayed her blood". It figures out why the Sorting Hat was having a difficult choice over putting me in Slytherin or Gryffindor." She explained. The confession slowly drove them to tears. Lucy and Roxanne mainly. Lily sighed sadly. I chuckled softly. "Hey, there's no need for tears." I assured. CJ nodded. "Yeah. I'm proud to be Gryffindor and I knew everything about the Wizarding World." She told them. I scoffed. "Including your Wotter clan." I joked but in a serious tone. Lily huffed annoyedly. "Could you show a little sensitivity?" She asked. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Little red, don't start with me." I warned. She looked at me challengingly. "And why?" She asked. "You already know." I quickly said. Roxanne facepalmed her forehead. "Here we go." She muttered. CJ and Lucy low-key giggled. I fake smiled. "You really got a habit of raising folk's nerves." I said through gritted teeth. Lily returned the gesture. "And you have a habit of raising mine." She retorted. I shrugged. "I said one thing and there you go." I said. She growled. "Only because you were being insensitive!" She sassed. I huffed irritatingly. "Ok, firecracker let me clear this up fast. First it isn't your business of whether or not I get sensitive. Second, I always show comfort and support to my friends if they need it. I don't need your nosy self telling me how to show emotion! Alright? The longer you keep pulling my strings, the more you're asking for—CJ cut me off by holding me back gently. "River! River! River! Relax. Calm down. Relax. It's alright. Relax. Chill." She said in a soothing voice. The whole time Lucy smirked amusedly and Roxanne's jaw dropped. Lily's eyes widened rather stunned. "What's wrong with you? I'm not trying to upset you." She said softly. Roxanne nodded in agreement. "Exactly River, no harm or foul. Let's end this please." She pleaded. "Good idea." CJ agreed. My attention diverted to Lily's frown. It almost made me feel bad. Ok River, let's start over by being calm. I finished taking breaths and sighed. "Look, I didn't mean to act a little harsh. I was just getting irritated by you making these sass comments at me. I wasn't trying to be insensitive, but the truth is I'm not so sensitive like most people. Ok? Nothing terrible. It's how I am." I told her calmly. That frown slowly turned into a sweet giggle. "It's ok! Same for me. I'm not always sensitive either but I guess you could tell- I cut her off by raising an eyebrow and snickered. "Damn right I can!" I giggled. She laughed. "Sorry not sorry!" She said, using the innocent tone. I smirked. "You know what? You better stop acting innocent cause you're not that innocent." I teased. She returned the gesture. "Neither are you." She tease. These arousing butterflies were flying. I hardly ever blush much but this girl was something else. "Anyways, we need to get to sleep. It's been a long day." I said. Lily nodded, winking. "Night River." She said. That odd smell crawled to my nose again. Hm. She looks fiery and smells fiery. Nice. I smiled. "Night little red." I told her. We went underneath our blankets. The girls shared confusion. "What just happened?" Roxanne asked. Lucy shrugged. "Have no idea." She said. CJ low-key smirked. "Maybe I do." She whispered.

******

Good sleep is what I needed after a crazy night. Again, I've had crazier nights than this. I couldn't stop thinking of Lily's physique. The curving of her waistline, tiny cute freckles, softy lips with a touch of lipstick, brightly-brown eyes and the proudly red streaks of her hair. During breakfast I was in a trance half the time. She is just naturally mesmerizing than anyone I've seen at home. Things would've got steamy in the Astronomy Tower if the door hadn't opened. But I still have my guarded rule: Don't Rush into A Relationship. Not that I'm growing feelings for her but stating my point. Unknowingly, my bed was being jumped on repeatedly. What the hell? Anyone jumps on me will get themselves jumped. "River! Wake up River! Wake up!" That voice whispered/yelled. I groaned, wiping my eyes. "CJ! If that is you—I was cut off when the person's hand covered my mouth. "Shh! It's me Lily!" She whispered. I immediately forced myself awake and rubbed my face. "What is it Lily?" I whispered groggily. She fake gasped. "Blimey! We should talk whenever you're sleepy." She said sarcastically. I growled. "I'm not asking again." I muttered. Lily smiled, grabbing my hand. "Cmon. Let's go downstairs." She whispered. I scoffed. "Unless I'm sleepwalking." I quickly said. She hummed in response. "I used to sleepwalk at home sometimes. Mumble random crap a lot. Whatever you do, don't touch me harshly. I'd bite." She remembered. I fake smiled. "Wonder how that feels." I growled through gritted teeth. Lily grabbed both my hands and pulled me gently off the bed. "Get your slippers on. We can't keep James and Albus waiting." She whispered. What they got to do with whatever she mean? Not to mention it's past twelve! I groaned. "Lily, it's 1 in the morning!" I whispered/yelled. She rolled her eyes. "Don't be such a baby! Let's go! Cmon!" She rushed. I ignored and slipped my house shoes on. "Be discreet." She whispered. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Discreet? Like you pouncing on my bed?" I sassed. Lily playfully rolled her eyes while giving me a fork. A fork? I stared at it then her neck before snapping out of my thoughts. River, don't do it. Too tempting.

We walked quietly downstairs to the common room. The fireplace was still lit. James and Albus were chilling on the floor with plates of breakfast food. A laptop was in front of them, playing a FRIENDS episode. They saw us and smiled. "Sis! Hey River!" James said. My brain clicked. She likes having midnight breakfast with them and watching FRIENDS. Lily smiled at me. "Welcome to midnight breakfast!" She joked but in a serious tone. That explains the fork. A third plate of pancakes, sausages and eggs was beside James. I sat between him and Lily. "This what you guys do every other night?" I asked. Albus nodded. "Here and at home." He told me. James looked at me in shock. "You're alive?!" He whispered. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Truthfully it would've been reversed." I whispered. Lily smiled and cheered. "Let's dig in!" She cheered. We began devouring from the third plate. Mm! "Where did you get the food?" I asked. Albus had an omelette and James had pancakes with messy chocolate spread. Damn, hope he doesn't puke overnight. "Albus and I went to the Elf's kitchen." He told me. He rolled his eyes. "James went to the elf kitchen. I was keeping look out for Filch." He corrected. James shrugged. "We were there either way." He said. I looked down and chuckled. Lily smiled. "River, we never talked about you much. Like witch wise?" She asked. James smirked. "How does it feel being an American witch?" He teased. Albus nudged his shoulder. I inhaled a deep breath. What should I say? About my ice-cube fingers? Nonetheless I readied myself. "Honestly, there's been odd stuff happening. Truth is I'm just a regular girl. Or I really don't know considering this wand I have 'chose me' before we got here. Something's been off with me. The other night an ice cube literally fell through my finger and faucet water levitated above my hand. I really don't know what's up with me but you deserved the truth." I admitted. My story clearly took their eyes off the FRIENDS episode. Albus scoffed, smiling. "Isn't it obvious?" He asked. James nodded in agreement. Lily smiled widely. "You're a witch!" She beamed. "Or one who could do wandless magic." James added. I looked at them weirdly. "What the hell you're talking about?" I asked. She playfully rolled her eyes. "River, we understand. We don't hate muggles nor we'll throw you to Azkaban. You're not alone. There are plenty of muggle-borns here. CJ's a muggle-born witch with a pureblood background—Albus cut her off. "Wait, what?!" He panicked. We shushed him. Lily sighed. "What I'm saying is don't be ashamed of what powers you have. You're special. Perhaps you can do more than wave a wand." She said. I thought about this for a minute. "Maybe it's just growing on you. You'll get used to it." Albus assured. James cleared his throat. "Just don't show off often." He joked. I low-key growled while twirling my fork. He looked down to eat in sudden fear. Albus giggled. Lily held my hand softly. The unknowing chills sent through my spine. "Try adjusting. You'll get there." She encouraged. I smiled rather warmly. "Thanks...Lily." I said, muttering the last part. She returned the gesture. "Ahem! We're missing FRIENDS here!" James's voice echoed slightly. Lily growled. "Shut up or you'll wake up the whole school." She sassed. He stuck his tongue at her. I snickered quietly.