NYC, Here I Come

7:00am.

River POV
I washed my face, showered, brushed my teeth and found a simple casual outfit: Hollister shirt, long ripped jeans, black converse shoes with a white-beaded bracelet. Small chatter was heard meaning Mom and Dad must be talking in their room. Meadow, Michael, Maximus, Raelynn were still asleep because there was no school today. I pulled out my Ariana Grande moonlight perfume and sprayed a little. Gratefully, my suitcases were already packed. CJ's parents was dropping her off today so she could ride with us to the airport. I went back to my room and looked through my phone gallery. The cute picture of Kelly sleeping in my car on the way home. I smiled. Man I'll miss her hugs and kisses while I'm gone. At least FaceTiming is an option. Someone knocked softly on the door. It revealed Mom. She smiled. "Ready?" She whispered. I nodded. "A little sad I'll be gone when they're awake." I said. She scoffed, smirking. "I think you'll be alright once we get on the safe private jet. Cmon go get your coat and jacket. Dad's gonna put our things in the car." She told me. Mom is kinda livid about staying warm during cold weather. She once made me and Raelynn wear onesies on Christmas. Not bad but still. I put on my jacket and pulled my three suitcases down with all my strength. Dad was bringing Mom's to the door. "Cmon, Oceans. These bags aren't gonna move themselves." He slightly joked. I rolled my eyes. "So I'm aware." I mumbled before following behind. We headed outside and opened her car trunk. I lifted my bags, putting them beside Mom's suitcases. He closed the trunk as Mom stepped outside holding her purse. A familiar blue Subaru pulled up in the driveway. CJ's Dad was in the car. He waved at Paul. He returned the gesture. CJ smiled, getting out of the car. Mr. Rain opened their trunk to pull out her suitcases. Dad offered to help him. She yawned a bit tiredly. "Wow. I'm used to waking up for school but this is different." She said. I playfully rolled my eyes. "You'll be more tired if you're jet lagged." I told her. She chuckled as they finished putting her stuff away. We hugged our Dads as Mom kissed his lips. "Bye." We said in unison. Dad smiled warmly. "Bye! Also study scripts and have so much fun in NYC!" He told me. I laughed before we parted. Mr. Rain drove from the driveway. We got inside the car and waved. Dad waved, smiling.

At the airport, we checked in before going out to find a white private jet. The one the casting director said we'll take. Our eyes widened. CJ smiled. "I'm no longer sleepy." She blurted. We raced with our suitcases inside before bodyguards could take them. Mom huffed. "No running!" She said annoyedly. Our jaws immediately dropped once we saw the views of inside. Two light beige couches, two wooden end tables with glass vases of white lilacs in the middle, dark brown chairs up front, a huge wide flat screen TV and the million window seats from left to right. Mom laughed. "Like it?" She asked. CJ took a few deep breaths before running to flunk herself on the couch. She sighed happily. "I feel amazing!" She said. I scoffed, putting on sunglasses. "How about feeling rich?" I joked. We laughed more. Mom placed our suitcases beside the chairs. "Hm, I thought he told me there were bedrooms too." She said. We looked at each other than raced across the hall to find two closed doors. I smiled widely. "3, 2, 1!" I said. CJ quickly opened the first door.