I'm River

Living in California is sure a dream. It's a dream for anyone in that matter. Take it from a girl who was named after the ocean. I'm River Walker. I'm 14 years old from Glendale, Cali. I was actually born in Los Angeles and raised in Glendale. It's just me, mom and my sister Raelynn. My parents divorced when I was seven months old. I remember my dad but we always get calls and letters in mail. Mom earned a new job and we moved back to Los Angeles. While living in Glendale, we used to come here for fun. Lot of memories around this place. Most of my life I went to regular school before switching to homeschool. That's much better than regular school! Raelynn still goes to school. The best friend I have is CJ. She can be so...CJ but that's why I love her. Not love love her, more likely friends. That's right. I love love girls. There would be much likes and dislikes from people but I don't care about what they think. Mom told me dad would want us to be who we really are. Nobody knows except my family and CJ. Dad never knew because he left. So far I been doing fine in homeschool, just haven't befriended anybody. I know it would mean texting or calling because you don't know what they look like. CJ's also homeschooled so I usually talk to her. No offense, but I need to talk to someone different. Maybe he or she could join our two-friend group. Anyways, back to now. Daylight came and I started my classes. The usual began which is me and CJ's conversation. We start chatting in the chat pod. I sighed and smiled.

River: hi C

CJ: Hey Riv! How's life?

River: great! I'm surprised we haven't talked to any new kids

CJ: lol yeah

River: maybe I could talk to one

CJ: LOL duh everyone's in the chat

River: lol you know what I mean

CJ: k! Go ahead! Maybe I'll meet someone we can chat with

River: cool!

I joined everybody else in the chat and talked about Stranger Things. Me and CJ love that show and I'm a fan of Millie Brown. I talked about Millie along with them. One person with the name Kelly Kapowski typed; "cool! Millie's amazing ;)"I smiled. "Excited for season 3?" I typed. Everybody soon chatted about season 3 and the season 2 ending. "River should join the show, she's talking so strangely :0" CJ typed. I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled. Kelly typed "Lol CJ." Then her name popped again up for a private chat. I smiled excitingly and joined.

Kelly: CJ's pretty funny lol

River: you don't know the half of it lol

Kelly: *blush* I'm Kelly.

River: I'm River

Kelly: starting high school gets awkward considering there's new kids

River: WELCOME TO MY WORLD

Kelly: gladly welcomed lol

River: I'm glad we're talking

Kelly: oh. You are? :)

River: *chuckle* yeah

Kelly: tell me more bout yourself

River: only if you will lol

Kelly: what is wrong with you? Lol

River: Hey that's CJ's question

I laughed and continued getting to know Kelly. She's a really great person. From that day, we became super close as best friends. One thing was in the way. We being seen face to face.