Haters Gonna Talk

As Ceej planned, we regrouped at the Leaky Cauldron with Roxanne. This time Leila, Lyra and Jack joined. We sat on an aligned table with six butterbeers. My leg kept tapping energetically. It felt complete good to figure out all the answers on gargoyle and her apprentice. Of course, I'm going through this mess to help Lily. She treats everyone like true friends including us. That Maleficent's nothing but a punk. I sat between Leila and Lyra. Jack never usually acts odd around us until Lyra came. He wasn't wrong, she is beautiful. Her hair icy blonde, bright blue eyed, pale shimmering skin with a pink headband. I smiled. "Glad we're here. It's better for us to meet here than Hog's Head. A ground hog must've died there." I said, disgusted at the last part. Lyra looked at me weirdly. "Hog's Head? Why would we go there?" She asked. CJ was sitting across with Jack and Roxanne. "Rochelle met up with her to discuss her hatred for Lily." She told her. She nodded in understanding. I smiled excitingly. "We're all here to discuss this 'sensitive' topic. It makes me hella excited cause I know the answers!" I beamed. They looked at each other then back at me in disbelief. "Really? How?" Leila asked. CJ raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "Tell us." She said. I inhaled a deep breath while looking around to see if anyone's listening. Nobody was interested thank goodness. "What did Lily say?" Roxanne asked anxiously. "She told me the person she came to about her "deep secret" was Lysander. I was confused till you texted me that Lysander doesn't know. Lorcan knows the family well to know secrets including Lily's. Think about it. Lorcan's a Slytherin, he barely spends time with Lysander, he's like an outsider around the Wotter clan. Ceej, you said so yourself he must be a sketchy one. Lily thinks it was Lysander she told but- CJ cut me off. "Twins are identical! You wouldn't know the difference between them! Lily couldn't have known which is Lysander!" She whispered, smiling. Jack returned the gesture and nodded. "Exactly! Even I know who Lysander truly looks like." He said. Lyra gasped shockingly. "So you're saying..." She trailed off. Leila covered her mouth in shock. "Lorcan really did it! He really told Rochelle!" She whispered/yelled. Their eyes widened. Roxanne balled up her fists angrily. "Can't believe that bloody asshole!" She growled. I sipped my butterbeer and smirked. "Or he probably pretended to be his brother to grab dirt on her." I added. Jack scoffed. "Are you for real?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "Twins can be double trouble." I told him. Lyra sighed sadly. "This is mad. Lily's getting all these nasty words cause of that jerk." She said. He patted her shoulder comfortingly. "Wish we can do something about it." He said. Roxanne almost spoke till all our phones buzzed. We checked our feeds and noticed another nasty comment from gargoyle on Lily's post. I huffed. "Does this bitch ever get a hobby?" I growled. They looked up with the same irritation. Leila sighed. "I think we should tell McGonagall about this. She'll handle Lorcan and Rochelle easy." She said. CJ and I looked at her in disbelief. "Lei, teachers don't always put a stop to this. Sometimes it needs to be the underdogs who'll take care of the bullies." She said. "Like whom?" Lyra wondered. I smiled confidently. "Us duh. Let's confront this crazy gargoyle ourselves. If she refuses, I'll beat her Rhonda Rousey style." I said, biting my lip. Roxanne smiled impressively. "I like it! Sweet revenge!" She agreed. Jack clapped approvingly. "Awesome!" He said. CJ smiled proudly. "WWE taught you well." She told me. I put up a fist proudly. "It was their pleasure." I joked but in a serious tone. "NO." Leila and Lyra disagreed in unison. We stared at them confusedly. "You can't go around attacking people if you want to! That's mental! As much as I'm upset too, we have to do this sensibly." Lyra reasoned. I pointed at the feed and scoffed. "This is sensible?" I asked. Roxanne nodded in agreement. Leila nodded her head no. "She's right. If we're gonna get even, we'll have to think things through. First is being honest with Lily about this." She said. Jack smiled sheepishly. "Yeah...not me." He blurted. Everyone chatted in agreement. CJ hummed in response. "Perhaps someone who can easily talk to- I cut her off. "No." I quickly said. Lyra sighed. "Believe me River. She'll thank you." She assured. I fake smiled. "And believe me, this is Lily. Not strawberry shortcake." I mocked. She huffed. Leila groaned quietly. "River, either way she deserves to know. We can't leave anyone astray. Besides this psycho is already posting hate comments about her." She said. "And it's clearly ticking off the others." Jack added. That might be true. They kept defending her online which is so cool. CJ sighed sadly. "Not to mention how it may mentally bother Lily." She told me. It takes me to when she was crying. She wasn't really upset about our tiny argument but...oh no. I am literally pulled into this wild mess. If I'm gonna escape it, it needs to end. And it starts with telling the ugly truths to Firecracker. I inhaled a deep breath. "Look, I'm- I was cut off when Roxanne's phone buzzed. She picked it up and answered. "Hello? Yeah, unfortunately another one. No I hadn't spoken to her but this situation is more mental. What? Really? Does she know? Ok, bye!" She said and hung up. We shared confusion. "Who was that?" Lyra asked. She huffed. "Rose. Lorcan confessed to Lysander that he told Rochelle." She told us. I raised an eyebrow weirdly. "And how did she find out?" I asked. All our phones buzzed and we checked our feeds again. Our jaws dropped. Gargoyle posted about her anorexia! "Oh my god!" Leila spoke in shock. "Are you kidding me?!" Lyra growled. CJ huffed irritatingly. "Ugh! Can't stand this girl!" She blurted. I snickered. "Everyone can't Ceej." I said. Roxanne growled angrily. "That's it! Let's hex them!" She growled. We chatted in agreement except Leila and Lyra before getting up and leaving the cauldron. Jack reached for his pocket but Lyra stopped him. "I'll do it. Make sure they won't get sent to Azkaban." She whispered teasingly. He chuckled.

In our bedroom, all was going through my mind at the moment. Rochelle told Lily's secret and half the house is abuzz of it. Nobody dared to speak to Lorcan anyway. I am completely irritated by everything yet hopeful things turn out good for Lily. It is not my battle but I'd defend my friends if I have to. All this crap from one jealous girl. Imagine how the graduation will go. My phone buzzed. I rubbed my temple and sighed. "Ceej, I'm gonna kill you if you beep again." I mumbled. I grabbed it off the nightstand and read the text. The whole world disappeared before me.

Lei-Lei🌺: River, Lily's missing.