More Than Friends

The past three weeks, I still talked to Kelly. I admit she's hard to ignore. We just found this non-boring bond and relationship as if we're meant to be close. CJ started teasing that I could have a crush on her. But we are only 14! How can I like Kelly when I don't know what she look like? I hasn't seen her through photos or snapchats because she got a Snapchat account. Maybe I never asked or bothered to. But I don't care how she looks. I know she is beautiful inside and out. School was over and I rested on my bed. I had no plans today. CJ was going out with her family. I'm just at home with Bredia and mom. My phone buzzed. I smiled when I saw a text from Kelly.

Kells💞: Hey🤗

River🌊: hi lol

Kells💞: miss u

What? She misses me? I madly blushed.

River🌊: miss u too

Kells💞: got no plans today?

River🌊: yup!

Kells💞: I wish I could come over

River🌊: why don't u? We could finally see each other face to face

Kells💞: idk

River🌊: ok what's wrong?

Kells💞: always seem to know somethings going on huh?😏

River🌊: lol yea so far u never mentioned us visiting nor your parents

Kells💞: well....its complicated

River🌊: lol complicated? Its complicating if your parents are divorced

Kells💞: Im so sorry River :(

River🌊: eh its fine Im good

Kells💞: well...least my parents wouldnt mind if my friend comes over

River🌊: YAY!🤩🤩🤩🤩

Kells💞: Lol

River🌊: do u hav a window I could climb in?

Kells💞: lol first I'll let them know

River🌊: k I'll be there

I quickly rolled out of bed and got dressed. I applied some makeup and slipped my phone in my pocket. Bredia walked in and smirked. "Where are you going?" She asked. I sighed. "To Kelly's house. Mom won't mind because I know her." I said. She nodded. "K!" She said, walking away. I smiled and climbed out of my window. I made a beeline to Kelly's house. Excitement and nervousness flow through me. I'm finally gonna see her face to face.

*****

Kelly POV

I was so excited! River's coming over! I ruffled my curly hair and applied makeup. I rigged my closet to find an outfit. Thankfully, I'm a fashionista. I smiled at myself in the mirror. Since I befriended River, we grew this unexpected bond and relationship. I felt like I could tell her everything and not be ashamed. She understands me and I understand her. I think I may...like her. No love her, ugh! My parents don't know my love for girls which is the same for boys. They would expect me to be this picture-perfect smart girls who could dig a future picture-perfect guy. I'm not perfect at all. I want to be myself. I went on my phone, looking through our text conversations. Some parts made me laugh. She usually makes me laugh. A knock was heard. I looked and saw her outside my window. I smiled excitingly and opened the window. Her eyes widened at my appearance. I did the same with her. In shock, she put her hand out and I took it helping her inside. We locked eyes. She is so beautiful. It's so pure of how she tells me I'm beautiful though she's beautiful too.

River POV

Kelly's look and body is absolute magnificent. It was like an Angel in disguise as a regular girl. Her hair is long with her eyes baby blue, her lips looked soft with red lipgloss. Super perfect. I inhaled a deep breath. "Kelly." I said. She sighed happily. "River." She said. With no doubt, we hugged each other. I immediately realized I was rubbing her back smoothly. A strange thing to do at 14. Luckily, I'll be 15 in two months. "It's so good to finally see you." She said. I nodded. "Me too." I said. We parted. I chuckled. "Look at you! You look really amazing." I said. She smiled shyly, caressing her hair. "Thank you. You too." She said. I sat on her bed. It's really unique. That's what she is. Unique. She sat beside me. "How's your mom and Raelynn?" She asked. I scoffed. "Nosey Raelynn is fine and so is mom." I said. She chuckled when I called her nosey. "What about you? Your little brothers?" I asked. Kelly has younger brothers. One a little bigger and two much younger. She smirked. "They're great." She said. "Ugh!" I heard her. My eyes diverted to a shirt with stained vomit on it. I almost looked disgusted. "What happened?" I asked. She sighed. "My baby brother threw up on my shirt. I completely forgot to put this in the laundry." She told me. I smiled and folded her stained shirt. "Where's your dirty clothes?" I asked. "Near my bookshelf, I was supposed to do laundry today." She said. I shrugged and put the folded shirt in the dirty pile. "I don't mind! Lets do laundry! I practically done laundry a couple of times." I said. She giggled. "Ok!" She said. We grabbed each of her dirty laundry and came downstairs to the wash machine. I was greeted by her parents. They're pretty nice. I don't know why she doesn't talk much about them. We put the dirty pile in the machine and Kelly turned it on. I smiled. "Phew! That's done!" I said. She giggled. "All we had to do was put them in the washer." She said. I shrugged. We returned back to her room. "I'm bored! Lets play a game!" Kelly said. I chuckled. "Now you're talking." I said. "I have this truth or dare app on my phone. Wanna play?" She said. I quickly nodded. I'm a sucker for this game! I've played a couple times with CJ when we were 11. You can tell much craziness happened then. Kelly turned the game on her phone. She added our names for players. She looked up and smiled. She has a gorgeous smile. "I'll go first!" She said. I nodded. She pressed play. 'Kelly's turn' was shown on the screen. She pressed truth button. "What music are you embarrassed to admit you listen to?" She read. I smiled deviously. "Kells, any music you're embarrassed to tell me?" I asked. She fiddled with her fingers nervously. It's actually kinda cute though. She laughed. "Ok...it's country music." She told me. I couldn't hold it in. Chuckles filled my mouth. It made her laugh as well. "Country music? Like songs about a cowboy and cowgirl?" I laughed. She nodded her head no. "I actually listen to Florida Georgia Line." She said. I smiled. No way, I like Florida Georgia Line! "Me too! I know some of their songs like This is how we roll, cruise and the remix with Nelly." I said. She smiled in shock. "That's great!" She said. I smirked. "Maybe we could jam in my mom's car sometime." I said. She nodded, giving a warm smile. "My turn!" I said, continuing the game. 'River's turn' was shown on the screen. I pressed dare button. "Hug every person in the room." I read. We looked at each other and chuckled. There wasn't anyone here but Kelly. I shrugged. "Wanna hug?" I asked. She nodded. Our bodies intertwined as we shared a hug. It really felt...amazing. I inhaled the smell of perfume and sweet vanilla smell of her long hair. I smiled softly. She was incredibly an angel. The insides of my stomach were going nuts while her grasp is around my body. I never felt this before. My cheeks burned up. We slowly parted. We looked into each other's eyes.

Kelly POV

Wow. Her eyes are blue and super adorable. I could stare at them all day. She wrapped her hands around my waist. I wrapped my arms around her neck. There was something special about River. Her name is special. Her personality is beautiful and funny. I can't say I'm not in love. Wait, no! I meant really like her. We slowly leaned closer. Our lips touched as we shared our first kiss together. Warm, bubbly and good it felt. River laid down as I climbed on top of her. She smirked as I leaned forward and kissed her. She wrapped her arm around my waist. The other caressed my hair. We made out for like 3 minutes. To me it felt so good. I didn't care if we did this longer. "Kelly." She whispered between kisses. I smiled a bit. "Yeah?" I whispered. She stopped kissing me. She smiled and made a heart sign then pointed at me. I smiled and giggled, knowing what she meant. "I like you too, River." I said. I got off her body and we sat beside each other on the bed. "I don't know how to respond to this." She simply said. I fiddled with my fingers nervously. "Can I lay you on a secret?" I asked. She looked at me and held my hand. "Kelly, you can tell me anything that's on your mind. I won't judge or think differently." She said. I sighed. Time to spill the beans.